QuintilesIMS District Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS District Sales Manager Interview Questions

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

2 phone interviews with HR - 1 behavioral interview with outside vendor - 1 live interview with Regional Business Manager and Project lead

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult decision you needed to make.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for QuintilesIMS

District Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in June 2009.

Interview

Being a contract sales organization, hiring guidelines will vary depending on the company the project is for; ie, Alcon, Allergan, Eli Lilly, etc. All utilize the Quintiles online application process to "weed out" for the first round. Things such as bad driving records/DUI (don't lie on this!!! It DOES get confirmed via background checks prior to hire!), no college degree, lack of industry experience, skill sets that don't match - may drop you out of the running. A recruiter or hiring manager selects individuals for a phone assessment based on the online score or company referral (always the best in-road) or a previous employee. Phone interview is very straight-forward with specific skill based questions that should highlight achievements relevant to the job applied for. Certain candidates are then selected for face to face interviews. This may be your only chance to get the job. Questions will typically follow the SWOT system. Be prepared with brag books and copies of pertinent info. Detailed, specific answers are always best. Different hiring managers may have slightly different hiring protocols. It is a very fast paced interview process, often with only one face to face interview. There is often the potential for a final interview with the hiring client. Once an offer is made, background checks - including MVR's and college degree - and a drug screen are mandatory.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an objection you were able to overcome to gain a sale?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were able to succeed when others before you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary ranges for this company are dependent upon the company the project is for. The salary ranges are pretty set in stone with little negotiating wiggle room. Example - If you were offered $88,000/year, you should be able to negotiate up to $89,000 - but no drastic increase. There is a narrow range based on qualifications and years of experience. Things such as extra vacation time, PTO, or stock options or not an option, except for unusual circumstances, perhaps.