QuintilesIMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

296 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Phone screen after about two weeks from initial application. Recruiter from outside US called scheduled and made the phone screen. She stated her colleague in the US would contact me for the next stage.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Durham, NC).

Interview

Very pleasant, manager was kind and the job description was true. It was a phone interview first, then 2 face to face interviews. The interviews went well but they didn't offer me the position because someone else had more experience than i did.

Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about this position. I went through one screening call with a junior and another screening call with a senior recruiter; both were friendly. I was told early that the hiring manager would like an interview. Next was a brief phone interview with the hiring manager where we covered my current daily responsibilities and other basics about the role itself. It was brief and friendly and I was asked to come in for an interview. I arrived a little early for my interview and the young woman at the front desk notified the interviewer of my arrival. We both waited and she eventually went to get the interviewer who had not come out to meet me. I interviewed 1-1 with 4 team members; mostly friendly and easy to talk to. I was surprised that I wasn't asked any behavioral questions (e.g. how do you handle conflict, what are your strengths/weaknesses). One interviewer seemed somewhat uncomfortable interviewing. There was a brief case study that involved some straightforward data interpretation. I was told I would hear from them. After a week I followed up with the recruiter and was told that further interviews would be conducted over the next two weeks and I would hear back as soon as possible. I never heard back, which I feel is inconsiderate given the fact that I took time off of work to come meet the team and interview. If you know you don't want to hire someone, letting them know as soon as you know, instead of leaving them hanging, is the polite way to handle it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter first, then telephone interview with a few spoke on the team. That was all normal and respectful. Third interview was the weirdest interview I've ever gone on in my life. I walked into a room, there's a few people and they tell me we're going to do a role playing exercise. They gave very little information, and then stared at me while I was talking. Then they started acting crazy.
    I'm not sure why I was being interviewed like an acting role would (auditioning for a role) when I'm applying for an extremely analytical position. The whole experience was pretty awful even though the team seemed great. It would be reasonable if it were a sales position.
    I wouldn't have accepted if offered because it was so odd and disrespectful.
    After the interview , crickets despite my followup email. Then just a robo rejection. I'd expect more consideration after getting that far through the process.
    It's really a bummer, because Quintiles seems like a great company, I just wish my interview reflected that.

Interview Questions

• Role play how you would talk to various people   1 Answer

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I got a screening call from one of the directors then about a week later I got an invite to interview with a panel through WebEx. There were three director level interviewers. The interview was mostly behavioral and more conversational than I had expected.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a change in your role? Describe your previous experience. Why do you think you would be a good fit? Describe your experience with clinical research.   Answer Question

Informatica Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

Manager had to catch a plane back to California so it was rushed. Had me play a little skit with one of her employees giving you minimal information. She acted like she wasn't paying attention though. When you asked questions they made it seem like you should know. They tell you that the source is like a flat file but when you start explaining the situation they say "The files are not flat files", when you ask what they are they say you wouldn't understand. JOKE!!!!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

First step was a phone interview with a recruiter. After that, they invited me to participate in an in-person interview with the hiring manager and 2 additional directors. I met with each person individually for about 45 minutes each.

During the in-person interviews, the questions were fairly straight-forward - questions about previous experience and things listed on my resume.

The department is undergoing changes, so a lot of questions were also around change management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences with firing people. (Three of the interviewers asked this same question.)   1 Answer

Big Data Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter through LinkedIn and I had a call with him for 45 minute where he asked initial screening questions. Then I had two 45 minute phone calls with two members of their Big Data Engineering team. Then I was invited to fly on-site for an interview loop. I had four 45 minute interviews with them.

I was later rejected as they said they needed someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on resume, Data Warehouse, Apache Spark, Scala and Python   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Typical DDI behavioral interview. Phone interview and then in person. Don't bother if you are a woman over 40. Only higher younger women for their management teams. Qualifications and experience do not matter.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Statistical Programmer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Durham, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

process went well, nice recruiting people, nice interview, on time and first round is about personal basic info instead of any technique questions. this position and program does not hire international student, if you want a sponsorship in the future, then this is not a good choice for u.

Interview Questions

• t the first question is whether you need a sponsorship   1 Answer