QuintilesIMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Interview

The interview lasted thirty minutes. You are asked many questions around your skills. You are asked during the interview if you are willing to work more than 40 hours a week. Since I was an internal candidate I was told that the salary was non negotiable. As an internal candidate the interview was very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle difficult employees who were former peers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Applied through website. Received an email with date, names of interviewers and location. It was a fairly rapid process, which suggested some desperation. The HR contact was very friendly and was eager to help move things forward. I was impressed

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions and some from resume. They used an interview template where questions were read from a sheet and recorded. Know the core values and where your resume aligns with them. I asked about training and mentoring, which sounded like it was mostly getting thrown into the frying pan. I have heard the same from friends who worked there.   Answer Question

Associate Director and line manager who interviewed me were totally unprofessional and a bit too intense. I had another offer with a smaller company, and got the impression that they were desperately trying quickly fill some recent turnover. Made that mistake before.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter to schedule interview same week.
    Went in to see hiring manager, talked with additional director in the department. Had mixed feeling abt interview. Recruiter called back same afternoon with job offer :)

CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Initial interview was on the phone with a line manager, notified a face to face interview would be scheduled. Flew in for the interview, met with the director and two line managers. Was notified of hire pending the drug test and background check. Began work three weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Asked for a relocation package, was told no; however, a larger sign-on bonus was provided.

CDM Role Interview

Interview

Rude. Was asked to dial in to a conference call # at a certain time. Nobody from Quintiles dialed in! Waited 30 min. to no avail. Will never interview with them again. My time is just as important as theirs...

Analyst Interview

Interview

45 min phone interview. 20 min competency based interview. 25 minute case study.

Interview Questions

• Determine market for product. Had to estimate number of product users and potential revenue.   Answer Question

Data Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Was contacted a few days after submitting my resume to schedule a phone interview. Scheduler sent an email listing the four people I'd be meeting with their job titles and emails. I called in at the scheduled time, 10 minutes later one person joined and stated that the other 3 people could not join. Interviewer asked me to describe my journey thus far and I worked through my resume. Interviewer did not seem to want to be on the phone interviewing someone, asked very few questions, interview was mostly me talking about myself and asking her questions regarding the role. A month later I hadn't heard anything so I contacted the interviewer and scheduler and received a no thank you email shortly after. I did not walk away from the phone conversation with a positive impression so this was not a surprise!

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult or unexpected. Interviewer asked very few questions, be prepared to walk through your resume to describe your development as an employee to get to the point of being ready for this position.   1 Answer

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Research Triangle Park, NC).

Interview

I passed through 3 rounds of interview: 1. Another Business Development Specialist 2. My Supervisor 3. Director of Commercial Strategy. Interview was really relaxed and composed of mostly behavioral questions. They tested my industry knowledge with some general industry questions as well. I started network with the employees about 2 months before I submitted my resume. One of the interviewers was also the person who I networked with. Interview process was very simple. I got all the 3 rounds in a day, then they called me in 2 days to give me the offer. My experience was really great in their RTP headquarters. However the region is very small and if you like living in a big city, it may be hard for you to survive in RTP.

Interview Questions

• Why Quintiles?
      Walk me through your resume?
      Tell me a time when you had a challenging co-worker.
      Tell me about a time when you worked in an international project?
      How did you overcome the cultural differences?
      Tell me the biggest 3 changes in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry?
      How do you think pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms will change in the next couple of years?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was negotiable and the negotiation process was easygoing.

Associate Consultant Interview

Interview

The interview process started from on-campus recruiting. The first round interview was very fair and straight-forward. The final round interview was on site and lasted half a day. Interview was also very fair and consisted of the standard format of behavioral and case questions with the office partners. The team was very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, there were no unexpected questions. Just be sure to have done your homework and know why you are a good fit for their company. And don't forget to smile!   Answer Question

Clinical Nurse Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Interview

Cumbersome! Basically, if you are not part of their "clique" in their personal life, forget about it. They are only making you come to the interview because A,) it is close to their home and they don't have to travel far B.) they are stating to Quintiles that they are working a full day 3.) Make it look like they are choosing from a pool of candidates to make it look like their friend is the best one for the job. Very unprofessional and painfully obvious that after having a few interviews for different positions and being very qualified that the Director and Associate Directors and Managers are only choosing their friends.