QuintilesIMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

758 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. He called and did a phone screening with me for about 30 minutes. Then I did a video interview, which was quite simple. I then did another 30 minute phone interview. Unfortunately, I did not move forward in the process, which I believe might be another phone interview or an on-site interview. The process was super quick. The time it took from the phone screen to the phone interview was 1 week.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the success of a launched product?   Answer Question

Bio Statistician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for less than half hour. Just some general questions, no technique questions. Talked to one recruiting manager. I was told to wait for the result for one or two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience for real data?   1 Answer

IMS Health Academy - Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Recruiter contacted me the next day with attachment of pre-screening assignment of 18 questions. Emailed back with answers and got reply of link for a video interview, which is pre-recording of yourself answering 5 questions, 1 attempt only. Got the email the next business day scheduling for a phone interview with a senior consultant, did not proceed forward after the call. The entire process took about 2 weeks. Their HR crew is amazing.

Interview Questions

• What key metrics would you use to evaluate a newly launched product from our client(pharmaceutical company) ?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy, fairly informal and laid back.

Initially called by a recruiter to set up a phone interview with the PI. This interview came one week after speaking with the recruiter, and took about 30 minutes. After the first interview I was then scheduled for another phone interview with another team member. The second interview came a week after the first. The recruiter called me a few days later to tell me I was not offered the position. So this process took about two weeks, which leads me to believe that if an offer was made and I took it - the entire hiring process would have been about a month long.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff: tell me about your background, why you want to work for us, future career goals, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Short and to the point. All the right individuals were involved in my interview process and ensured to give me as much detail as possible regarding the role. The panel style interview was especially helpful for both sides to explore the potential fit quickly and effectively.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolved mostly around me providing tangible examples from my prior experience that were relevant for the job I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the job very quickly but they were obviously frustrated by me negotiating a fair compensation package in line with my prior experience, even though the difference was rather small. In the end they accepted my request, offered me the job which I accepted but they subsequently rescinded the offer. In my many years in business I had never encountered a company with such stunningly unprofessional conduct.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Pasadena, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was conducted by the COM and lasted about an hour. The interviewer was very relaxed, thoroughly explained the program and training. I gave a brief explanation of my skills and background.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle discussing a difficult topic with a site, coworker or client?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Met one on one with the District Manager. It was an average process, not a cumbersome process at all. Present and talk about yourself and years of experience. Ask questions to see if everything would be a great fit and right move for your continuing your career.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

There were 3 steps for this interview. I was first interviewed with a recruiter asking me about my skill levels. After 1 week, I interviewed with 2 senior leaders over phone calls with some short case questions, and then interviewed with director in the following week. There was 1 more on-site interview but I didn't make it.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume; why are you interested in IMS? why are you interested in healthcare industry?   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in September 2016.

Interview

Very quick process, everyone I spoke to was very friendly, warm and helpful with any questions I had during the process. They were very flexible working around my then work schedule to coordinate interview calls. The questions they asked and just the whole process in general was much easier than I anticipated.

Analyst - IMS Health Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I received a word doc of personal information assessment. The doc contains 17 basic questions. Then shortly I was asked to complete a video interview which had five questions including behavior questions and a short case asking metrics for market entry.

The next two rounds are 30-min phone interviews with leaders of IMS Health Academy. The talk started with introduction of this position, background and experience sharing and a mini case which is similar to the video interview. The case centered around performance evaluation, drug compare. I used business situation framework(customer, product, company, competition) to solve nearly all of the cases. It seems IMS Health Academy has a special focus on strategic consulting cases.

The HRs of IMS Health Academy are amazing. In general, I received feedback within two hours after each interview. I kindly declined the last on-site interview and decided to go with another biotech company. It's a struggle for me. It's a great opportunity for those interested in consulting.

Interview Questions

• The metrics to look at of performance evaluation for a drug company who launched a new drug six months ago   Answer Question

See What QuintilesIMS Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros: “- Reasonable work life balance (by consulting standard): some options to work from home or remotely, but this highly depends on who is managing the project; some project managers are...”“- Reasonable work life balance (by consulting standard): some options to work from home or remotely, but this highly depends on who is managing the project; some project managers are downright mean and demonstrate no flexibility whatsoever - Some interesting projects: Most projects are good old P&MA and S&PA, now and then you get one of these commercial planning and strategy projects (but the project tends to be a mess because the principal/senior principals are not adapted at handling them; these projects tend to be cheaply sold at the expense of team members' work-life balance and career progression) - A few (very few) great mentors: a few principals/senior principals (these are the coaches) who truly care about their employees and take the time to support junior members, but they are a dying breed; the other ones simple treat you as a work horse and couldn't even bother spending 20 minutes every several months to make sure you're on tract with your career progression” – Full Review