QuintilesIMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I matched the online description of experience and qualifications but only received a rejection notice via the auto email. It would have been nice to hear why I was not selected for even an interview.

Interview Questions

• If I had clinical experience in certain therapeutic areas.   1 Answer

Clinical Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in August 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a talent acquisition specialist within 3 days of submitting application and had 30 minute screening interview the next day. Within a week, I was contacted about a second interview with a line manager and the interview was held a few days later by phone. It lasted about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you assess risk in a trial and how do you manage mitigating the risk?   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Submitted online application
    Contacted by a recruiter the next day to schedule a phone interview
    Phone interview lasted about 20 minutes, and the same night got contacted by the hiring manager for a face to face interview
    Face to face interview was very loosely structured, as if they already had someone in mind that they wanted to hire, but had to do more than one interview to avoid labor law issues. It lasted a little over an hour, between the hiring manager and the HR representative
    After the interview, the hiring manager told me that she would let me know of the results in two days, but I did not hear from her after a week. I contacted her and she said that they hired someone internal.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

IMS Health Academy - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The recruiter emailed me back asking me to fill out several questions (why this industry/ why IMS etc.) as well as my experience with data analytics tools, MS Suite etc. Next step was an online video recorded interview with behavior questions and one case study. Next step was a phone call with similar format (experience,behavioral and a case question)

Interview Questions

• If you were an onsite pharma consultant and your client asked you analyze the competitive landscape how would you approach the project?   Answer Question

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (South San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a live video interview that consisted of background information about myself and the interviewer. Basic interview questions were asked such as "What did you do at your last job?" "What can you contribute if hires?" etc.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing between your last job and now?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Interviewed by operations and direct reporting chain and those that I would interface with on the job. I was able to ask questions about the role but salary and benefits were not discussed during the initial interview process.

CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

The process was painless and quick. I was contacted 2 days after submitting an online application. I had an initial phone screening interview and basic questions were asked. The following week, I interviewed with a recruiter digitally and shortly after, I interviewed with one of the hiring managers.

Nurse Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Applied online. Initial contact was made by phone by direct line manager. About 30 min phone interview with typical questions, ie review of job history, strengths and weaknesses etc, and opportunity to ask questions about the job. Then offered to be flown to Phoenix for a second in-person interview. I was given a set interview time and information to make flight arrangements through a travel agency. The interview took place at a hotel with many other applicants. We were given a conference room to wait in and then called one by one. It was a 3 person interview panel, 2 quintiles nurse managers, and 1 representative from the contacted drug manufacturer. They really emphasized that they wanted "stories" in response to their questions and set up a role play scenario where we sat back to back and acted out a phone call to a patient. Then proceeded to a second interview immediately after with the line manager who had conducted the original phone interview. I was contacted by phone within 1 week with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you felt you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time when you made a mistake   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time when you overcame conflict with a co-worker or encountered a challenging patient   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Salary was offered. I accepted

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Charleston, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

There were several phases to the interview process as there almost always is. There was a phone screening with HR. Then I had a technical interview, once I made it past that I was scheduled for a Skype interview which was with a panel of 3 people who presented 5-7 questions each. Most of them were derived from the STAR method. Tell me about a time.....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to adapt to a difficult situation. What was the situation? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Life Sciences Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Phone interview (case study), Excel test, on-site interview

The phone interview was pretty straightforward with personality questions & a simple market sizing question. The excel test coveted skills gained via a very basic excel course; however, the time limit made it difficult.

Interview Questions

• Chopped meat in lbs produced in North America during the summer months   Answer Question