QuintilesIMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

The process was painless and quick. I was contacted 2 days after submitting an online application. I had an initial phone screening interview and basic questions were asked. The following week, I interviewed with a recruiter digitally and shortly after, I interviewed with one of the hiring managers.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Interviewed by operations and direct reporting chain and those that I would interface with on the job. I was able to ask questions about the role but salary and benefits were not discussed during the initial interview process.

Nurse Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Applied online. Initial contact was made by phone by direct line manager. About 30 min phone interview with typical questions, ie review of job history, strengths and weaknesses etc, and opportunity to ask questions about the job. Then offered to be flown to Phoenix for a second in-person interview. I was given a set interview time and information to make flight arrangements through a travel agency. The interview took place at a hotel with many other applicants. We were given a conference room to wait in and then called one by one. It was a 3 person interview panel, 2 quintiles nurse managers, and 1 representative from the contacted drug manufacturer. They really emphasized that they wanted "stories" in response to their questions and set up a role play scenario where we sat back to back and acted out a phone call to a patient. Then proceeded to a second interview immediately after with the line manager who had conducted the original phone interview. I was contacted by phone within 1 week with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you felt you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time when you made a mistake   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time when you overcame conflict with a co-worker or encountered a challenging patient   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Salary was offered. I accepted

Clinical Research Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Charleston, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

There were several phases to the interview process as there almost always is. There was a phone screening with HR. Then I had a technical interview, once I made it past that I was scheduled for a Skype interview which was with a panel of 3 people who presented 5-7 questions each. Most of them were derived from the STAR method. Tell me about a time.....

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to adapt to a difficult situation. What was the situation? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Life Sciences Consulting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Phone interview (case study), Excel test, on-site interview

The phone interview was pretty straightforward with personality questions & a simple market sizing question. The excel test coveted skills gained via a very basic excel course; however, the time limit made it difficult.

Interview Questions

• Chopped meat in lbs produced in North America during the summer months   Answer Question

Statistical Programmer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Overland Park, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a manager who asked simple technical questions about SAS programming. It took about a week for Quintiles to get back to me and request an on-location interview. The on-location interview lasted about 2.5 hours and involved some SAS questions about checking for errors, merging data, macros, and creating reports. Overall, the interview mainly consisted of asking me about past experiences with SAS and projects I was a part of. They were very kind and open to questions.

Interview Questions

• When merging data in SAS, what do you look for to make sure everything went as planned?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Contracted by hiring quintiles manager through a referral. Completed a phone interview. Moved forward to a panel interview with three managers. The interview was very conversational. Three candidates were brought to this phase of the interview. Offered and accepted the job the next day by contract hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a partner who is not pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Kansas City, KS) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 people at once. They didn't make a whole lot of eye contact because they were writing down almost every word I said. Interview was behavioral. Lots of questions about past jobs.

Telephonic Nurse Educator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Called by recruiter, a nurse. She immediately passed me through to Hiring Manager. She called in 4 days. I then moved onto the panel a week later. All friendly people.They promised to get back to me either way, but never did. I then applied to another job months later. Same thing. It would be so professional and considerate to be told no, instead of promising to call, and then not. Do their managers make insincere promises?? Some applicants really do have more than one position they're considering so it's hard to wait. Haven't they ever been on the other side? If you're not "like" the managing team, they can't see your traits. Talent and drive comes in all shapes and sizes. Such is life and interviewing online...... I was offered 2 other positions by another similar company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your last job. How do you handle conflict? Describe a situation where you had a problem with co-worker,   1 Answer

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Horsham, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

First is the Phone interview, upon clearing the phone interview a case is given which was to be solved in a three hour period and submitted. This was followed by an in person interview where you had to present the case that you solved to three Vice Presidents followed by three rounds of one on one interviews with them.

Interview Questions

• Q. Walk me through your resume
      Q. Experience in excel