QuintilesIMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

Clinical Trials Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Research Triangle Park, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Met with recruiter for first interview, second interview with hiring manager. Both were very friendly and the second meeting was a more in-depth query regarding personality, relevant skills, and ability to handle the needs of the position. Approximately two weeks between first and second interview, and an additional two weeks for final callbacks from human resources.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you made a decision and it affected others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry-level position, no leverage for negotiation.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was 6 hours over two days. Half of it was exercises and the other half was traditional f2f. It was the best interview I've been a part of in my career.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific plan for how you would roll out procedure x in 60 days.   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview process I've been part of. Started out well with a screening. I was asked to pick a time slot for an interview. Never got confirmation. Waited the day of for the interview and no one ever called. Emailed them to see what happened. They didn't even apologize just said they were sick and can I reschedule later in the day. I gave them a time for later in the day and never heard anything back, no call. The following day they apologize and ask to reschedule. So unprofessional, did not decide to continue on with process.

Campus Interview Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Aptitude (Logic, English and maths) followed by personal Interview. Aptitude was about for an hour. Questions were asked which required basic maths and logic.The interview was for 20 minutes and offer was made as i gave 90% of the answers

CRA II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in January 2016.

Interview

This was a pretty annoying process. I was contacted by a recruiter who completed an initial phone screen. He covered experience, my CV, therapeutic areas, etc. The following week I had a WebEx interview and hit it off great with one of the clinical managers. I asked about the training at Quintiles and for some reason, that question led them to believe that I couldn't handle the job. I was asked to interview for another CRA II position in a different area. This was a one hour WebEx interview with two other higher level clinical leads. This time, the vibe was off. I found them aggressive as they drilled me on all aspects of clinical research and monitoring. I found this a little odd especially since I completed the pre-screen and another WebEx interview. I knew during the interview that I wouldn't be offered the position - especially when they said "You have other offers, correct?" I said "yes" and that was the end of the interview. The recruiter called 10 mins later and said that I didn't get either position. All in all, I think I dodge of bullet of being over worked with 8-9 protocols.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite visit type and why? Walk me through your monitoring visit. What 3 documents do you look at before you go to a site? How do you prep for a monitoring visit? How do you follow-up? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Can you handle 4 study protocols at once? Why do you want to work for Quintiles? Why do you want to leave your current position?   Answer Question

CRA II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online at Quintiles in January 2016. I was notified a week later to complete a brief phone interview with a recruiter that last about 15min. The next day I was contacted to schedule another phone interview with a second recruiter. This interview was more in depth and asked specific CRA questions. I was then contacted within two days to schedule a virtual interview with a director. This interview lasted 90 minutes. I was contacted the next day with an offer. Overall the process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If you came to a site and they had to cut your visit short and they have since enrolled a significant amount of patients what would be your focus for the visit?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Orlando, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Concise interviewing with goal of getting reps into the field, instead of a long drawn out process. Followed prepared agenda of questions but felt it didn't allow for discussion of skills, experience and achievements. Rather looking for reactions to situations. One interviewer conducted the interviewing while the other restlessly squirmed in his chair like he was worn out from the interviewing process. This is very distracting to the person being interviewed. No real ability to stress skills and achievements and no sharing of information about the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions strictly followed STAR interviewing model, which does not provide the opportunity to demonstrate what positive skills the person being interviewed brings to the table to be successful in the position. .   1 Answer

Project Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

My resume was submitted by a recruiter, and a couple of hours after my resume submission I had an interview scheduled for later that week at Quintiles. My interview was 1:1 at the office and was a very typical interview - not behavioral interview questions, which was surprising. I was presented an offer less than 3 business days after the interview.

Solutions Consultant Or Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Several phone screens, followed by on site multi interview, followed by several more phone screens both in the US and internationally. I spoke at length with the corporate recruiter, who was still pretty new to the company. this is a HUGE company, but compartmentalized so I had to speak with many folks on the phone both domestically and internationally. then, my on site interview was with a bunch of the same folks. new position. background check was done by a third party company after offer was given, but I have say that they company that they use for the background check is AWFUL. they did not check all of my references! even though I put a bunch of thought into who I included, and I provided them with ample information about my background, they did not check even a quarter of my background. makes me wonder how many folks bs'd their way into the role (not me, but shoot, had I known how easy it was to bs them, I should have asked for WAY more money, lol. I am glad they hired me, but terrified to let anyone know how crappy the background check is.

Community Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial phone screen that lasted about 30 minutes; went over past experience and why an interest in the position. Then an in person interview in IL; 3 groups of two interviewers over about 3 hours, and presented before all groups. Two days later a call with an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the following patient concern.......(patient role play commenced, patient was scared, nervous and worried about a disease state and next steps)   Answer Question