QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2017

3.5

Consulting Group Summer(Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Screening interview to determine your motivations (walk though CV, would you enjoy analysing data, would you enjoy liaising with clients.
    2nd round interview with senior consultant: tell me about yourself, what attracted you to QIMS, what competitive advantage do we have over other companies) - Mini case interview: easy case with 4 questions, but make sure you give DATA for each answer.

Interview Questions

• what comp advantage do we have   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Two step interview process with written/excel test

I had a very good first interview, but then didn't hear back for a long time. The second time I came in was supposed to be a second interview...but for a different position. The second interview was awkward and I didn't really want the second position, also didn't know many details about the second role before the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked the usual questions...what I do in my current role, what my understanding of the new role is, how I would deal with time pressure and so on. They did not ask very technical questions, but asked how I would evaluate some date.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The first-stage interview was called a 'networking event' where we where put into groups of 4-5 and moved around 5 tables. Each table had two interviewers who asked general competency based questions (eg. why do you want to work here? give an example of working in team. etc) The questions were asked to us one by one in our groups and we sat at each table for about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The hardest questions were the logic questions, some which were riddles or puzzles. For example, how many toasters are sold in the UK? (5 mins to work out and answer)   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone. IT lasted 45 minutes. It had competency based questions, for 20 minutes and then the case study. It was about hotel chain in England. I had to calculate the break-even point based on the data given. It was in June 2011. Then I had an on-line numerical reasoning test. And then the second round was the assessment center. It consisted of couple of different things: 1:1 Interview (competency based + why consulting? why health & pharma industry? why IMS Health? why me?); then there was a long case study about biotech company coming up with new IP protected corn seed (resitant to drought), questions were about where should they lunch it, what kind of pricing should they offer etc; then I had to give a presentation on the topic I chose (7 days before the assessment day, we have been given some topics on pharma industry, we had to choose one and prepare a 10 minutes presentation); then there was another, short case study about the Zoo and the way it can increase profitability and the way that the Zoo-shop could start making money; in the end we had a group exercise, in a team of 4 people, we had to build a bridge out of the newspapers given and tape, that would hold an IMS doll. It was a really pleasant experience, ppl really engaing with all of us participants. There was a telephone feedback on the performance and that was very helpful!

Interview Questions

• Case study about drought-resistant corn seed. The question was what kind of pricing should company consider?   Answer Question