QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.1

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview by an HR employee followed by a face to face interview with a line manager, followed by a face to face interview with a colleague, followed by a face to face interview with another colleague. Very drawn out process which took 4 weeks. I was appointed at the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience and what I would bring to the role.   Answer Question

Consulting Group Summer(Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Screening interview to determine your motivations (walk though CV, would you enjoy analysing data, would you enjoy liaising with clients.
    2nd round interview with senior consultant: tell me about yourself, what attracted you to QIMS, what competitive advantage do we have over other companies) - Mini case interview: easy case with 4 questions, but make sure you give DATA for each answer.

Interview Questions

• what comp advantage do we have   1 Answer

Senior Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in July 2009.

Interview

For this level one is often recruited by executive search companies first or through existing relationships with the company. The first step will then also be an interview with the head hunter. In the next phase there will be a series of interviews with senior management on a one by one basis. Depending for which department you're recruited, the interview may include business case type interviews but this is mostly at the digression of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really although I was surprised that business case style interviews were also used for very senior positions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone. IT lasted 45 minutes. It had competency based questions, for 20 minutes and then the case study. It was about hotel chain in England. I had to calculate the break-even point based on the data given. It was in June 2011. Then I had an on-line numerical reasoning test. And then the second round was the assessment center. It consisted of couple of different things: 1:1 Interview (competency based + why consulting? why health & pharma industry? why IMS Health? why me?); then there was a long case study about biotech company coming up with new IP protected corn seed (resitant to drought), questions were about where should they lunch it, what kind of pricing should they offer etc; then I had to give a presentation on the topic I chose (7 days before the assessment day, we have been given some topics on pharma industry, we had to choose one and prepare a 10 minutes presentation); then there was another, short case study about the Zoo and the way it can increase profitability and the way that the Zoo-shop could start making money; in the end we had a group exercise, in a team of 4 people, we had to build a bridge out of the newspapers given and tape, that would hold an IMS doll. It was a really pleasant experience, ppl really engaing with all of us participants. There was a telephone feedback on the performance and that was very helpful!

Interview Questions

• Case study about drought-resistant corn seed. The question was what kind of pricing should company consider?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

3 Rounds, 1st round telephone, second with HR and hiring manager, third with director, maths forecasting and English editorial test in the second round. Present a portfolio of market analysis (relevant to the job)

Interview Questions

• Bog standard questions, have you used IMS data, what can you tell us about the market   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

Single face to face interview that was preceded by a telephone interview. Nice offices. Made to feel welcome. They were more interested in personality and experience than in qualifications. Needed to prepare and present PowerPoint on the intricacies of data mining and its relevance in the healthcare sector

Research Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I met the head of clinical research nursing. She was very nice which helps me to relax. The interview lasted for 2hours, she went through my Cv and asked me questions about me and my previous jobs.It was 1hour verbally and 1 hour writting q & a.

Interview Questions

• one question was: what are my strengths and weaknesses in terms of leadership?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Two step interview process with written/excel test

I had a very good first interview, but then didn't hear back for a long time. The second time I came in was supposed to be a second interview...but for a different position. The second interview was awkward and I didn't really want the second position, also didn't know many details about the second role before the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked the usual questions...what I do in my current role, what my understanding of the new role is, how I would deal with time pressure and so on. They did not ask very technical questions, but asked how I would evaluate some date.   1 Answer

Project Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

applied because I heard about it through a friend. first contact was through an agency/recruiter. I was well briefed about the position and I already knew the compay. I had a two meetings with the company with 1:1 interviews with 4 different people (HR; intended line manager; colleague and head of department

HEOR Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

First round face-to-face interview with senior consultants, followed up by phone HR interview, concluded with face-to-face interview with directors and presentation to the rest of the team. Interview process went smoothly but did include several steps whereas I think a one off interview day could have been organized instead.

Interview Questions

• What difficulties do you expect to face working for a consultancy?   Answer Question

They have a high turnover rate and feared I would be looking for another job in 2 years. Also, the salary on offer was below market average.