QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Started with group interview, solving business opearation problems, than one on one fit interviews, at the end case interviews. It was a great learning oportunity even just to participate in the interview.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty informal, met series of senior level people who covered both sales side and consulting side.
    Previously, had long conversation with head of sales who was very descriptive about company culture, sales processes, impact of recent M&A activity and how role would collaborate with other colleagues in US and EMEA.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of managing a lengthy sales process? Who were the key stakeholders involved?   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

Interview

Telephone interview by an HR employee followed by a face to face interview with a line manager, followed by a face to face interview with a colleague, followed by a face to face interview with another colleague. Very drawn out process which took 4 weeks. I was appointed at the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience and what I would bring to the role.   Answer Question

Consulting Group Summer(Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Screening interview to determine your motivations (walk though CV, would you enjoy analysing data, would you enjoy liaising with clients.
    2nd round interview with senior consultant: tell me about yourself, what attracted you to QIMS, what competitive advantage do we have over other companies) - Mini case interview: easy case with 4 questions, but make sure you give DATA for each answer.

Interview Questions

• what comp advantage do we have   1 Answer

Senior Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in July 2009.

Interview

For this level one is often recruited by executive search companies first or through existing relationships with the company. The first step will then also be an interview with the head hunter. In the next phase there will be a series of interviews with senior management on a one by one basis. Depending for which department you're recruited, the interview may include business case type interviews but this is mostly at the digression of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really although I was surprised that business case style interviews were also used for very senior positions   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

First round interview was over the phone. IT lasted 45 minutes. It had competency based questions, for 20 minutes and then the case study. It was about hotel chain in England. I had to calculate the break-even point based on the data given. It was in June 2011. Then I had an on-line numerical reasoning test. And then the second round was the assessment center. It consisted of couple of different things: 1:1 Interview (competency based + why consulting? why health & pharma industry? why IMS Health? why me?); then there was a long case study about biotech company coming up with new IP protected corn seed (resitant to drought), questions were about where should they lunch it, what kind of pricing should they offer etc; then I had to give a presentation on the topic I chose (7 days before the assessment day, we have been given some topics on pharma industry, we had to choose one and prepare a 10 minutes presentation); then there was another, short case study about the Zoo and the way it can increase profitability and the way that the Zoo-shop could start making money; in the end we had a group exercise, in a team of 4 people, we had to build a bridge out of the newspapers given and tape, that would hold an IMS doll. It was a really pleasant experience, ppl really engaing with all of us participants. There was a telephone feedback on the performance and that was very helpful!

Interview Questions

• Case study about drought-resistant corn seed. The question was what kind of pricing should company consider?   Answer Question

Machine Learning Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

20 min phone screening (rate your Skills in various areas (Machine Learning, Linear Algebra,.. rate from 1 to 5), Question about Gradient Descent)
    1hr on-site interview ( CV, Experience, Analytical Puzzle)
    1hr technical phone interview (Talking about recent project)

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

1st - Individual case study (e.g. a company wants to sell a product X and they want to know the anual revenue). I cannot give you advice on it because I didn't perform well on this test and it was my 1st time doing something like it. Probably I there are examples on-line, I didn't find them. I am a complete ignorant but based on what I caught during the exercise I would say there are 3 main sectors within pharma real-world evidences that are: R+D, Marketing and Epidemiology. Keep that in mind. I would suggest you knowing this kind of details, be agile on multiplications with a piece of paper and a pen (I am too used to have a calculator) and be relax, do not rush as there is plenty of time.

2nd - Personal interview. Make sure it is clear why you want to work on the field and the company. Look obvious and easy but I also failed on it.

3rd - Group exercise. A client asks for advice about 4 issues. As a team, you've to discuss them and give advice (small "presentation").
    - Spot the key elements/facts per issue. (e.g. deadlines)
    - See whether issues are related.
    - Discuss and propose.

My advice on this 3rd test is:

- They look for energetic teams and people.

- Try to discuss things in a very politely, diplomatic and in a “coaching” way.
    E.g. Instead of saying " I disagree with what you proposed because of X." (as I did. I didn't want to sound rude I just want to discuss about the proposal but other limited to say they agreed with X) say "I agree / I see your point proposing this because of Z. However, I am not sure of it because of X")

- You have a specific amount of time to do the exercise (I think it was 1h).No timer. Do not ask how much time you have left, they will tell you if necessary.

- Use the white board.

- I think I looked a bit blunt/direct because of my nervous. Be very relax/confident (but at the same time energetic and diplomatic)

Please, take my comments with a bit of salt as I didn't not get the position. Therefore, obviously, I did several things wrong. I am just giving my advice based on what I did and the feedback I got from the interviewers.

In general I really enjoyed the experience and looks like a fantastic place to work. I'm just sad I didn't get the job.

All my best if you are applying for a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the client requests a "scope change"? (e.g. you agreed on collecting data from patients with diabetes and later the client asks for diabetic patients that are also obese)   1 Answer

Machine Learning Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick turnaround (1 day) between applying and getting a phone screening. However I got the clear impression that the screening was outsourced (very strong Asian accent, the guy seemed to be reading the company description). This is OK, but I'd rather they were transparent about it. Unclear how technical the interviewer was, so I was unsure in what level of detail I could go in my answers and I probably kept it more high-level than needed.
    After the interview, it took them two weeks to turn me down.

Interview Questions

• What's the defining characteristic of Recurrent Neural Networks?   Answer Question

Ssas Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

it was initial telephonic interview followed by face to face followed by HR interview, They have interviewed for SSAS developer they had requirement of architect, they just wasted almost 2-3 hrs asking about architect for very less salary instead of developer. one of the worst interviews I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• What do u know about Architecture level how do you know if the ssas cube can handle this kind of load or not?   Answer Question