QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Newark, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Called recruiter. Recruiter emailed let me know what they are looking for and that my CV will be giving to HR. Emailed the recruiter my CV. Few days later, I got a phone interview. It went well. And then a skype interview which also went well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was good

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy and clear to handle. Very informative and great conversation with the managers. All was well explained and pleasantly interactive. Every further steps was explained and at the end everything is clear.

Medical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY).

Interview

Had 2 phone calls and one video call. I was told that I would hear back really quickly if we were going to move forward or not, and I NEVER heard back from them. Really unprofessional

Bio Statistician I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview for less than half hour. Just some general questions, no technique questions. Talked to one recruiting manager. I was told to wait for the result for one or two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience for real data?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy, fairly informal and laid back.

Initially called by a recruiter to set up a phone interview with the PI. This interview came one week after speaking with the recruiter, and took about 30 minutes. After the first interview I was then scheduled for another phone interview with another team member. The second interview came a week after the first. The recruiter called me a few days later to tell me I was not offered the position. So this process took about two weeks, which leads me to believe that if an offer was made and I took it - the entire hiring process would have been about a month long.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff: tell me about your background, why you want to work for us, future career goals, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Clinical Research Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview lasted 90 minutes. Mostly basic question and scenarios. Also asked oncology questions and scenarios for which I was prepared. I can say that she was very impressed and interested I me after the interview. I got a call back with an offer in less than 2 hours after the interview. Interview was pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like the job? Some hypothetical questions? Some scenarios?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came with a number and I counter offered. After few hours of negotiations i accepted a number I could live with. Never accept what they offer you, always counter. They wanted me more than I wanted them. I interviewed just to see how I stand in the market..it's a very good market now. Go get your money!!

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

2-3 interviews, case style and behavioral. Process took 3-4 weeks and included a phone screen, video case interview, and in-office interview with 3-4 employees at different levels of the organization. In office interview included case and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and your career aspirations. What are your career goals? What do you wish to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the client services analyst position. The phone interview was scheduled a month later and took about 15 min. Two weeks later I was sent a schedule for an HR interview that would be two hours long total. Process overall took around 2 months.

Business Process/Client Service Analyst 'speed Interview' Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to this so called 'speed interview' which IMS set in one of the Sheraton hotels in NJ in June, more or less just to get the gist of it. you know - nowadays HR has plenty of time and comes up with 'initiatives'. I guess it was the way to get so-called 'hiring managers' to stop their office wars and email shuffle, get together in one place and actually do something.

IMS got at least 20-30 applicants and divided them in groups, 4 person each and gave them 8 minutes to stop at each table with bored managers and prove that they are the top world talent and should be hired right away. Atmosphere reminded me of a dog show where animal have to walk to this wagging line, woof-woof at another table, and do your barking song and dance at another table, so you may get a purina one biscuit (IMS logo pen, headphones,,,)

At exact 8 minute period end a referee would came in and stop the process, and everybody moved to the next table obstacle, even you're not finished... At the end of this circus, I've seen so-called managers trying to get out and stretch themselves, one actually succeeded to get away for a few minutes.

I mean - how you can properly present yourself in this 7-8 min game to the office skirt/suit that looks already bored, overwhelmed and looking at the watch? Do I really want to work for this group of 'specialists'? I imagine what's really happens inside the walls of IMS, and now I know why there is so many negative comments here, @indeed and other places about IMS Unhealth.

But hey, look - HR did put check marks on their to-do list, and that group of 'managers' had their field trip done, did hi-5s and ate bagels. they may actually hire some recent grads only to replace 'em later.

Interview Questions

• same stuff, technical, competency, behavioral and so on.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty intense. I was asked a lot of questions. Some of them are difficult to answer from my point of view, such as are you focusing on consulting or only health care consulting? What other companies are you apply to right now? I was very interested in the company and disappointed that I didn't get into second round.