QuintilesIMS Nurse Educator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Nurse Educator Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2016

Nurse Educator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Applied online. Initial contact was made by phone by direct line manager. About 30 min phone interview with typical questions, ie review of job history, strengths and weaknesses etc, and opportunity to ask questions about the job. Then offered to be flown to Phoenix for a second in-person interview. I was given a set interview time and information to make flight arrangements through a travel agency. The interview took place at a hotel with many other applicants. We were given a conference room to wait in and then called one by one. It was a 3 person interview panel, 2 quintiles nurse managers, and 1 representative from the contacted drug manufacturer. They really emphasized that they wanted "stories" in response to their questions and set up a role play scenario where we sat back to back and acted out a phone call to a patient. Then proceeded to a second interview immediately after with the line manager who had conducted the original phone interview. I was contacted by phone within 1 week with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time when you felt you went above and beyond for a patient   Answer Question
  • tell us about a time when you made a mistake   Answer Question
  • tell us about a time when you overcame conflict with a co-worker or encountered a challenging patient   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation. Salary was offered. I accepted

Other Interview Reviews for QuintilesIMS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people while they ate lunch. They would ask the usual interview questions -- strengths & weaknesses, patient interactions, etc. What was different was I had to create a presentation of 10 minutes long rather than present their material. My presentation went well as I completed it & they commented that they usually stop people during their presentation but mine was so interesting they wanted to learn more.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed by Quintiles HR, and both Quintiles and client District Managers and Regional Managers. Was relatively low key. They made a concerted effort to make me feel comfortable in the setting.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my short term and long term career goals. Asked to describe previous challenging situation and how resolved. I was also presented with a potentially challenging situation in the job for which I was interviewing and how I would respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set salary. No negotiation considered.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Newark, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

Had phone interview, that night a web interview with 3 people, few days later a face to face with two managers.... they called with an offer within an hour. They asked STAR questions, Managers made you feel at ease and responded positively to your answers which enabled you to think clearly and not be nervous!

Interview Questions

• What did you like the most about your current job? What did you like the least?   Answer Question

Nurse Educator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in July 2014.

Interview

Initial contact via phone, then had web interview, then flown to Chicago. Had 3 panel interview, overall easy, very organized. After interview, no one called, no follow up phone call.

Nurse Educator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in February 2014.

Interview

It moved quickly and they were accommodating to my schedule. The hardest part was to give a presentation because I didn't have much time to prepare. They were open and understanding that my interview was just scheduled the day before.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

about a week

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Detroit, MI) in February 2013.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, which was very helpful for a potential employee to learn more about the job before investing time and money to interview. Then I was flown to Chicago for a face to face interview with Quintiles, and then forwarded on to a second interview the same day with another Quintiles representative and a member of the pharma company I would be doing work for. Very organized process.

Interview Questions

• I had to prepare a 5 minute patient education presentation. I was asked how I motivate patients.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiating. the job was offered and I accepted.

Nurse Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied Online. Interviewed before a panel who made me feel at ease. It was a competency based interview and even though it was formal and relevant questions were asked, the personality of both interviewers shone thorough and I actually enjoyed the process. We even laughed!!.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would like to change about the health service?   1 Answer