QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the client services analyst position. The phone interview was scheduled a month later and took about 15 min. Two weeks later I was sent a schedule for an HR interview that would be two hours long total. Process overall took around 2 months.

Business Process/Client Service Analyst 'speed Interview' Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to this so called 'speed interview' which IMS set in one of the Sheraton hotels in NJ in June, more or less just to get the gist of it. you know - nowadays HR has plenty of time and comes up with 'initiatives'. I guess it was the way to get so-called 'hiring managers' to stop their office wars and email shuffle, get together in one place and actually do something.

IMS got at least 20-30 applicants and divided them in groups, 4 person each and gave them 8 minutes to stop at each table with bored managers and prove that they are the top world talent and should be hired right away. Atmosphere reminded me of a dog show where animal have to walk to this wagging line, woof-woof at another table, and do your barking song and dance at another table, so you may get a purina one biscuit (IMS logo pen, headphones,,,)

At exact 8 minute period end a referee would came in and stop the process, and everybody moved to the next table obstacle, even you're not finished... At the end of this circus, I've seen so-called managers trying to get out and stretch themselves, one actually succeeded to get away for a few minutes.

I mean - how you can properly present yourself in this 7-8 min game to the office skirt/suit that looks already bored, overwhelmed and looking at the watch? Do I really want to work for this group of 'specialists'? I imagine what's really happens inside the walls of IMS, and now I know why there is so many negative comments here, @indeed and other places about IMS Unhealth.

But hey, look - HR did put check marks on their to-do list, and that group of 'managers' had their field trip done, did hi-5s and ate bagels. they may actually hire some recent grads only to replace 'em later.

Interview Questions

• same stuff, technical, competency, behavioral and so on.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

First an HR recruiter screened me via phone. He asked typical questions such as salary requirements, and past work experience. The hiring manager asked behavioral interview questions, and about my past experience.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

After applying online I was sent an e-mail to complete a profile. I then had a phone screen on a Friday evening (at 5:30 p.m.) with the hiring manager. After this, I was scheduled with a face-to-face with hiring manager and HR person at a headquarters office.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were really disappointed with the outcome of a situation and how you handled it to overcome the disappointing situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was non-negotiable. Wanted more money and more vacation but they wouldn't budge.

Data Integrity Analyst, Data Investigations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

First interview was conducted via telephone with HR. The second interview was in the office with two Data Integrity managers. Questions were all situational/behavioral or resume generated and were very straight forward- nothing too challenging. One of the managers spoke a great deal once we got to the interviewee question section, leaving little room for me to speak. Heard back from HR that I received an offer soon afterward.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for a CRA position at Quintiles in June. I was interviewed by the Director of the department. The interview went well, however, noticed as I was leaving the premises that employees looked unhappy and overworked. One of the CTAs desk looked like a battlefield.

Interview Questions

I took it upon myself to ask an employee whether they enjoyed working at Quintiles and the department. The group responded unanimously "NO". She went on to say that Quintiles does not provide fair promotions and keep you on a position for years (5+). The clinical department does not like to hire from within and rather go to outside agencies and/or candidates to fill a position. I was taken back by many other comments I rather not say. I prefer to work with a company that provides fair and equal promotions to everyone, hence I turned down the position. I was glad I went on to another interview and hired within 2 weeks with a BIGGER company.

Managed Market COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2010.

Interview

1st: phone interview
    2nd: In person at the NJ office, about 4 hrs. interviewed with consultants and managers while working on your case study. there were 4 other candidates in the room. We presented our case individually.

Interview Questions

• An eight gallon container is full and both a three gallon container and a five gallon container are empty. Without using any other containers, divide the water into two equal amounts.   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient. I was contacted by a recruiter after I emailed my resume to a senior HR rep. The recruiter interviewed me on the phone and immediately offered to fly me and keep me at the hotel for a second round interview on site. The on-site interview was easy. A few typical consulting behavioral questions along with a case and ppt presentation. The case is slightly different from usual consulting cases. You are given the case on a piece of paper, so you don't have a chance to interact and ask questions to delve deeper into the case. Overall it was easy. I was first told that I would know the results in a week, then two weeks, then three and finally I called in on the fourth week and was told that they couldn't place me now, so would keep me in their stock.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where a client came and suggested you do things differently when you are way into the project.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when a group member wasn't doing his or her task properly.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone screen, 2 1:1 interviews, 1 presentation case study

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Parsippany, NJ) in September 2008.

Interview

The initial engagements are executed by by the human resources department to set up an interview with the group manager and the department director or senior manager; this takes about one to two weeks to set up, possibly longer during the summer when everyone is on vacation. Initially, the interview focuses on your resume and questions your experiences as they may relate to the job position you are interviewing for. They also ask about your perception of the company and your goals and expectations. The interview lasts approximately 40 minutes, once complete they walk you out and contact you within 1-3 weeks; it does help to follow up or ask when you would get an update. When they call back to offer you the position you are asked about salary requirements and schedule a start date.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a past experience in which your actions were exemplary of your major strengths (as relevant to the position interviewing for.)   1 Answer
    • Are there any skills or hobbies that may be relevant to the position interviewing for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Consider the average salary for your position, your current salary and years of experience. Hiring managers have a set limit as to how much they can offer, so if you've showed them that they will benefit from hiring you then your negotiating power allows you to ask for the higher end of their salary limits.