QuintilesIMS Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process took a while from beginning to end, but that is anywhere. I didn't get the job for the first set of interviews but called back for another territory. Quintiles took care of all of the expenses for the interview. I ended up taking another job but overall great company and process!

Interview Questions

• Why are you changing careers? (This is a typical question but for me the hardest as sometimes that is hard to really explain)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for QuintilesIMS

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Contracted by hiring quintiles manager through a referral. Completed a phone interview. Moved forward to a panel interview with three managers. The interview was very conversational. Three candidates were brought to this phase of the interview. Offered and accepted the job the next day by contract hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a partner who is not pulling their weight?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview process I've been part of. Started out well with a screening. I was asked to pick a time slot for an interview. Never got confirmation. Waited the day of for the interview and no one ever called. Emailed them to see what happened. They didn't even apologize just said they were sick and can I reschedule later in the day. I gave them a time for later in the day and never heard anything back, no call. The following day they apologize and ask to reschedule. So unprofessional, did not decide to continue on with process.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in October 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiting company and after I expressed interest in the position was contacted by the DM for a phone interview. The interview went well and I was asked to complete an application as well as a phone assessment conducted by DDI. I've been in Pharma for several years and have been on plenty of interviews but have never been asked to do a phone assessment. I found it a bit surprising especially considering its contract. A few days after I completed the phone assessment the DM contacted me again for a FTF. During the FTF the DM was there as well as a DM for the Pharma company. I'm pretty comfortable with the 5 Star approach but felt some of the questions were out of left field and unrealistic. They also contradicted themselves a lot which led me to believe they really didn't know what they were looking for and/or they were each looking for different things and they didn't mesh well together. I closed the interview and asked when I would hear something. The DM (Quintiles) said if I didn't hear anything by Monday he moved on. Well, I didn't hear anything and I moved on as well.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions. Never once asked me about my knowledge of the drug or competitors or the company itself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

There was multiple interviews which included a mix of reveling for face to face and Skype interviews. Initial interview was about an hour and a half and included very few star format questions. It was laid back and mostly informative for both parties. should you progress the interviews do increase in level of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you want to avoid with your next job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Tampa, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

I had a pleasant interview experience. I was notified by email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was brief and went well and after a few days a face to face interview was scheduled w the regional field manager. It took another week and a half and then I was moved forward in the process and completed two more interviews via Skype with the contracting company's regional manager and finally the VP of sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Was selected via phone screen interview to move forward to a FTF interview with Quintiles rep. Had a 1 hour FTF interview and heard from them the next day stating I would be advancing to the final round. A few days later I received all of my flight info to travel to Chicago to interview with final company. Interviewed with them in Chicago on Wednesday and received a phone call the following Monday offering the position.

Interview Questions

• A lot of STAR method questions.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview, 90 minute in person interview, 90 minute video conference interview before offer. I was in a rare spot that they needed to fill a position within two weeks so my process went very quickly- all of these were in a week. A friend that works their said her process was over 3 weeks. No matter what, make sure to ASK for the job at the end of each interview. Be prepared to sell yourself and do a sample sales presentation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Memphis, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, received an email a little over a week later stating that they are discontinuing hiring for this position as it had been filled. Information that this position may be brought up again. Standard rejection email.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was screened on the phone and then interviewed in person. I was then sent to the District Manager and the final interview was with the Regional Manager. I then had a background check and drug test. I was then contacted by the manager and started my home training.