QuintilesIMS Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Interview

The interview process took a while from beginning to end, but that is anywhere. I didn't get the job for the first set of interviews but called back for another territory. Quintiles took care of all of the expenses for the interview. I ended up taking another job but overall great company and process!

Interview Questions

• Why are you changing careers? (This is a typical question but for me the hardest as sometimes that is hard to really explain)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for QuintilesIMS

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview process I've been part of. Started out well with a screening. I was asked to pick a time slot for an interview. Never got confirmation. Waited the day of for the interview and no one ever called. Emailed them to see what happened. They didn't even apologize just said they were sick and can I reschedule later in the day. I gave them a time for later in the day and never heard anything back, no call. The following day they apologize and ask to reschedule. So unprofessional, did not decide to continue on with process.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in October 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiting company and after I expressed interest in the position was contacted by the DM for a phone interview. The interview went well and I was asked to complete an application as well as a phone assessment conducted by DDI. I've been in Pharma for several years and have been on plenty of interviews but have never been asked to do a phone assessment. I found it a bit surprising especially considering its contract. A few days after I completed the phone assessment the DM contacted me again for a FTF. During the FTF the DM was there as well as a DM for the Pharma company. I'm pretty comfortable with the 5 Star approach but felt some of the questions were out of left field and unrealistic. They also contradicted themselves a lot which led me to believe they really didn't know what they were looking for and/or they were each looking for different things and they didn't mesh well together. I closed the interview and asked when I would hear something. The DM (Quintiles) said if I didn't hear anything by Monday he moved on. Well, I didn't hear anything and I moved on as well.

Interview Questions

• Lots of situational questions. Never once asked me about my knowledge of the drug or competitors or the company itself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

There was multiple interviews which included a mix of reveling for face to face and Skype interviews. Initial interview was about an hour and a half and included very few star format questions. It was laid back and mostly informative for both parties. should you progress the interviews do increase in level of difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you want to avoid with your next job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Memphis, TN) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, received an email a little over a week later stating that they are discontinuing hiring for this position as it had been filled. Information that this position may be brought up again. Standard rejection email.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Interview

1. Phone Interview followed by a online screening.
    2. interview with the recrutier
    3. Final interview with the company's district manager

Overall it was about a month long process. I did not get the job, but overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Not very unexpected questions. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Was a very quick process. Contacted a little less than 2 weeks after application.
    Initial interview on the phone, followed by a basic online assessment
    Got emailed like a week and half later for round 2 interview
    Round 2 interview in person - basic behavioral questions, laid back, nothing out of the ordinary
    Got called 1.5 weeks later for final round interview
    Final interview with DSM, pretty much same questions, behavioral.

It was an average interview process, and good interview practice. The other candidate had much more sales experience than my fresh out of college self.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Applied online, received call from recruiter phone interview, inventory assessment, and face to face. face to face very comfortable format one on one. All the basic interview quesitons going over your experience and behavioral questions. Use prior experience from my back ground in sales to answer questions.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in August 2014.

Interview

I had my first interview with a Quintiles rep and it was very down to earth. I had a employee referral from the inside company Quintiles was working with so it was very informal. But once I had my second interview with the pharma company it was very intense and with a panel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (North Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

I had two interviews with Quintiles to be part of a contracted sales team for a pharmaceutical company. The interview with Quintiles went great. Then I met with the pharmaceutical company's hiring managers. The first interview with them went well but the second interview with the territory manager did not. I felt Quintiles could have prepared me for what the interviews would be like. It was all behavioral questions and I was led to believe that I should prepare a presentation which they didn't even ask for.