QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

3.3

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Telephone interview with recruiter first, then telephone interview with a few spoke on the team. That was all normal and respectful. Third interview was the weirdest interview I've ever gone on in my life. I walked into a room, there's a few people and they tell me we're going to do a role playing exercise. They gave very little information, and then stared at me while I was talking. Then they started acting crazy.
    I'm not sure why I was being interviewed like an acting role would (auditioning for a role) when I'm applying for an extremely analytical position. The whole experience was pretty awful even though the team seemed great. It would be reasonable if it were a sales position.
    I wouldn't have accepted if offered because it was so odd and disrespectful.
    After the interview , crickets despite my followup email. Then just a robo rejection. I'd expect more consideration after getting that far through the process.
    It's really a bummer, because Quintiles seems like a great company, I just wish my interview reflected that.

Interview Questions

• Role play how you would talk to various people   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

First step was a phone interview with a recruiter. After that, they invited me to participate in an in-person interview with the hiring manager and 2 additional directors. I met with each person individually for about 45 minutes each.

During the in-person interviews, the questions were fairly straight-forward - questions about previous experience and things listed on my resume.

The department is undergoing changes, so a lot of questions were also around change management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences with firing people. (Three of the interviewers asked this same question.)   1 Answer

Big Data Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter through LinkedIn and I had a call with him for 45 minute where he asked initial screening questions. Then I had two 45 minute phone calls with two members of their Big Data Engineering team. Then I was invited to fly on-site for an interview loop. I had four 45 minute interviews with them.

I was later rejected as they said they needed someone with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly on resume, Data Warehouse, Apache Spark, Scala and Python   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in December 2016.

Interview

Had one phone interview and one onsite interview. The onsite was with 4 people including 3 TA Supervisors and the Director of TA, each met with me individually. They shared a lot of information about the company's structure. Questions were very standard. Most of the staff is young, it was a low-pressure interview. The role was entry-level temp-to-perm and did not pay my desired comp, they extended an offer to someone cheaper. Seems like a positive work environment with a lot of growth potential and flexibility.

IMS Health Academy Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Applied online, then got an email 2-4 days with a questionnaire to fill out. After that it's an video interview with both behavioral and case questions.
    After the video interview I spoke with the director of the Academy, then another senior consultant. 1st interview was basic resume questions and a simple case question.
    2nd interview was technical round.
    About two days after the second phone interview I was brought in for onsite interview.
    The onsite interview started with a lunch, followed by 3-1 on 1-behavioral round , 1 analytic round, 1 excel test and 1 power point presentation round. The whole process took about 5 hours.

Its been 3 weeks now and haven't heard back.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Horsham, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

First is the Phone interview, upon clearing the phone interview a case is given which was to be solved in a three hour period and submitted. This was followed by an in person interview where you had to present the case that you solved to three Vice Presidents followed by three rounds of one on one interviews with them.

Interview Questions

• Q. Walk me through your resume
      Q. Experience in excel
      Q. Graph given for analysis   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

Interview

The process took about three weeks: HR phone screen, panel phone interview, on site panel interview and interview with Director. An email indicated an offer would be extended. An offer was received from HR about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Discussions about previous project experiences/situations, technical questions. Questions were relevant and direct but never adversarial. Interviewers were experienced professionals and handled the process well. I could tell that these were people I could work with. They are now my colleagues.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was fair.

Solutions Consultant Or Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Several phone screens, followed by on site multi interview, followed by several more phone screens both in the US and internationally. I spoke at length with the corporate recruiter, who was still pretty new to the company. this is a HUGE company, but compartmentalized so I had to speak with many folks on the phone both domestically and internationally. then, my on site interview was with a bunch of the same folks. new position. background check was done by a third party company after offer was given, but I have say that they company that they use for the background check is AWFUL. they did not check all of my references! even though I put a bunch of thought into who I included, and I provided them with ample information about my background, they did not check even a quarter of my background. makes me wonder how many folks bs'd their way into the role (not me, but shoot, had I known how easy it was to bs them, I should have asked for WAY more money, lol. I am glad they hired me, but terrified to let anyone know how crappy the background check is.

IMS Health Academy - Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied. Got an email right away. Had to type out answers to questions and send them back to a recruiter. Then video interview, phone interview with the director of the program and then on site interview. The phone interview was interesting. The director was in a bad mood and was not at all friendly. But got a final in person interview. The final in person interviews consisted of 5 interview: each interview was with two people.
    There was also a presentation. You were given 30 minutes to prep for the presentation (See below).

Overall, I was very happy not to get an offer and ultimately took an offer from a global management consulting firm, which gave me more money and had more name recognition for global consulting.

The recruiter was amazing though. I would only take the job because of him. He was awesome, friendly. I wish he was the director of the program honestly.

Interview Questions

• The presentation was about the launch of an OTC. One company (your client) had the research and science but did not have a way of market and launch the product itself (it was for the new drug to cure Hepatitis C). The other did all the marketing etc so you had to decide what to do. The choices:
      1. Do it in house and try to build all those skills
      2. Have the other company do the marketing and manufacturing (but taking a lot more profits).
      3. Licensing it out.

I picked 2.   1 Answer

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Interview

Met hiring manager & 2 team members. Described position & duties. Most questions about projects with recent clients. Not much info about Pricipal & what their jobs. No info on bonus plan.

Interview Questions

• Am I comfortable with being project manager & dealing with internal resources.   Answer Question
    • I wasn't asked about Agile or MS Project either.   Answer Question