QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in Reading, England | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2016

2.9

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

Very professional throught out the four stage process, first telephone interview with HR and profile/test. follwwed by presentation and group interview, followed by interview with would be collegues and then final interview.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Telephone interview with HR, entry exam (verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning), face to face interviews with 6 staff members. Problem solving exercises.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Clinical Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in May 2012.

Interview

Firstly, it was an initial contact phone conversation telling me that i was preselected for the second phase interview, which would consist on a phone interview that would occur in the next few days, asking me for my preferences, my vision and my opinion of the company etc. Two weeks later, they called me telling me that I was selected to assist to a 3 hours presential interview in the Headquarters, where i was asked to do a numerical test, a priority test, a dinamics group test game, and a short 1:1 interview with a presentation included. Also they offer us the possibility to have 10 minutes to ask everithing we wanted about the job to a 3 senior project managers from the company, which helped me a lot to figure out how would be the work like.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a conflict situation in a work environment in the past and how did you solve the conflict   1 Answer
    • Tell me a situation where a client was unsatisfied with a service and how did you solve the problem   1 Answer

Graduate Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Online application, followed by an overseas telephone interview. This was followed by a long wait (2 months) for an invitation to an assessment centre. The assessment centre was half a day with multiple interviews and scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to wok for quintiles   1 Answer

Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

First phone call interview with a senior member of the stats dpt from US. Second interview with a manager of the stats area from the US. Third step, a face to face inteview with direct manager at the office in the UK. Fourth step, a final phone interview with another manager from the US. Some problems in order to get the phone calls, a couple of occasions they postponed them or did not call at the time they said they would. Poor qualitiy telephone line which made the phone interviews harder. All kind of questions about yourself, past experience, some technical questions (some of them rather easy, others a little bit more difficult).

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths / skills?
      How to handle situations with several projects running at the same time?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Clinical Trial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed in Reading office. The atmosphere was relaxing - I felt not stressed at all to the point I started to feel more like in the social meeting than in the interview. This allowed me to show the best of myself and in the end I received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What you do if you have two deadlines approaching which you have to meet (extra hours not possible) and you realize there is not enough time.   1 Answer
    • Describe your CV and tell about any difficult situation with the client/customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about any creative solution you came up in your previous position (CTA).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Skipped the telephone interview and was asked to come in for a face to face interview.

Felt relaxed as soon I was welcomed by one of the interviewers. There were two people in the room with me and one virtually.

Was explained the interview format and then spent a large amount of time takling about the budget I was responsible for and asked to clarify my job title. Then moved on to presentation about the biggest challenge i have been involved in and also 5 mins on the challenges of clinical development. Was told that I covered many of their questions during my presentation, which only resulted in one competent question that I can't remember as I was exhausted!

I was given opportunity to ask questions, and I did, but I wanted to keep to time and they said they would be happy to answer questions after the interview.

I think they had my CV for around aweek, was called to interview with a couple of days to prepare my presentation. Was told I would hear back in a few weeks, but they called me the next day. Realised they had made a mistake and should have gone through the agent, and then i asked my agent to chase up. I had a final offer within a week.

So far they seem to be a company that is friendly, flexible and in time with technology. My first electronic contract!

Interview Questions

• The budget amount I have been responsible for. Note that they wanted to see that on my CV.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not particulary, but I think I should have tried harder

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Approached and asked to apply for position by a recruiter. Had a screening interview with HR which covered experience, salary expectations, etc. Invited to a face-to-face interview in Reading which included competency-based questions and a presentation. Felt that I had aced the interview and was well qualified for the position.

After 2 months of chasing the recruiter she finally found out some feedback - they were still hiring for many of these positions and basically looking to fill them as cheaply as possible (interviewing 100s), they could not meet my salary expectations. This was disappointing as it was asked during the screening interview, I wish they had ended the process there as I put a lot of effort in. I have a friend who interviewed for same position 3 months ago and has not received feedback. I think it's very rude, even an automated response would have been nicer. I'm not sure I would apply for a position with Quintiles in future.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you had to work with someone different to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

phone interview than competency based interview at the HO followed by presentation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not compromising as they only had certain bracket to work in so not much movement in the offer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online and the process took 4+ weeks. Got an email from HR for a phone interview with the hiring Manager, call lasted 30 mins then she set up an interview with the VP for a face to face which lasted an 1h but it was very relaxed and the VP was genuinely warm and informative. Then had 3 rounds of video conferences with the rest of the team which I was apprehensive about at first but really made a difference to the entire process. Everyone in the team took part in the hiring process which gave me confidence that I would enjoy working with these group of people. Got a call with an offer on the evening before my last telephone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy as they offered more than I was looking for, maybe I was a cheap find :) either way i happy as a pig in mud.