QuintilesIMS Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Senior Consultant Interview Questions

3.2

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in February 2015.

Interview

Screening from HR was a very smooth process, and HR communicated in a timely fashion.
Interview on site with hiring manager was conversational, and focused primarily on my past roles and experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage disciplinary issues
    How would you manage change on your team
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for QuintilesIMS

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Very easy process. I came to the Plymouth Meeting office to have two in person meetings. The interviewers spoke as much or more than I did. I was made an offer by the end of that week.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

HR is a bit discombobulated. They won't necessarily communicate clearly and may leave you stranded at a hotel. Interview will require a case study, several in person interviews, and significant waiting period. Environment is very much a learn on the job situation and don't expect much hand-holding.

Negotiation

Get as much compensation as you can before coming in as raises and promotions are not impressive.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone recruitment and screening by IMS HR Talent Aquisition, 2nd phone screen with hiring manager (Exec Dir and manager ), followed by interview with principal and other consultants in a group setting. Other candidates were also at live interview, taking the same tests.

Interview Questions

• tested on excel, and scenarios in marketing presentations where you were asked how to respond in persuading the client on a product direction.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The first step was a basic phone screen conducted by someone within HR. After about a week I was called in for a face-to-face interview with someone at Engagement Manager level. This interview consisted of providing examples of consulting type work experiences from my last job. I was then invited to a next round of interviews with more engagement managers and principals who all seemed a little too full of themselves. I wasn't interviewing at somewhere like McKinsey but there was all the intellectual arrogance one would attribute to them present in the people who interviewed me. It was laughable at times because quite clearly they weren't the brightest.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client complained that the fees requested were too high?   Answer Question

I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when I received the financial offer. It was beyond low and quite insulting. I attempted to negotiate but was given the standard response of "you have to prove yourself...". I took a similar role with another consulting organization and was offer a salary that was 40% higher.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2012.

Interview

Simple & Clear.
    Day One : HR interview asking about motivation to join.
    Day Two: Technical & domain understanding test. ( Panel of three )
    Day Three: Interview with cross functional managers

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

A lot of common questions, questions were repeating. I was glad then it finished. I felt very uncomfortable.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in April 2012.

Interview

I went through one round of phone interviews waiting to go through the inperson interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you figure out the most important table in a database?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in July 2011.

Interview

2 panel interviews with 2 individuals each and a presentation.
    I found out that they hire when they get a project, so there was no job available at that time, information which was not disclosed prior to the interview.

Also, if you need to travel for the interview watch out for the reimbursement as you are given the run-around even though they tell you prior to the interview that you will get paid for it.
    The company used to be very professional a few years ago, but it changed. I would not recommend it.

Interview Questions

• Pharma company will a multitude of issues to be solved.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in November 2010.

Interview

First contact with inhouse recruiter, needed to follow up twice to get to interview appointment.
    Second contact was in person with peer as 1:1 meeting, one person only.
    Third contact was with three more senior members (Principal/Senior Principal) to whom the role would report. Consisted of personality fit, case study (answer needs to be following *their* quantitative, analytical thinking model), Q&A. They are trying to assess business development potential and mentoring potential.
    Heard about two to tree weeks later about outcome, no feedback on interview provided