QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Mar 21, 2017

Scala Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Had a detailed first phone interview, then a detailed 4 hour second interview. They wanted a hands-on engineer but provided feedback that there wouldn't be very much hands-on work involved. Completely contradictory to job description and what was being mentioned. The interviewer was basically contradicting themselves throughout the process. They have yet to provide any feedback. A complete pointless and time wasting exercise. Unprofessional, disrespectful and disorganized interview process. It is a racist company.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions

During first stage:
      The questions are mainly a discuss on what I was looking for and about the role. The interviewer made it clear that it was hands-on. I had made it very clear that I was hands-on. The interviewer then assured me that it was hands-on. I think by this time you would assume the interviewer knew what I was looking for was hands-on scala work.

During second stage:
      1st interviewer was with data scientists - the person was late by 20-30 mins, did not know difference between svm's kernel svm's and structured svms' but kept going on about it. Asked me a lot of questions unrelated to role.

2nd interviewer was an architect - but kept asking me questions on Java again totally unrelated to role. You would assume person will ask you questions on Scala at this time. But, not a single question was on Scala.
      In fact, I kept directing to question towards scala trying to put the questions in context to the role of how I had used that language in projects as you would expect in a Scala developer interview.

3rd interviewer was a manager - asked me a lot of contradictory questions like we looking for a hands-on role but just to be clear this not a very hands-on role. Now I am wondering so you said on phone that this was going to be a hands-on role and you still have not asked me any scala questions or spark questions.

It is just very pointless when interviewers just want to waste your time. In fact the feedback stated they were looking for a hands-on scala developer. A) which I was and was exactly looking for that which I made it very clear on phone and during the interview with all three interviewers with evidence of projects B) they never bothered to ask me about scala during interview and I kept relating projects towards that.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Three stages: Telephone screening Interview, 1 hour telephone interview, 4 hour assessment centre (1 hour business case, 1 hour interview, 2 hour business case with presentation).

The telephone screening was standard.

The telephone interview consisted of some competency based questions as well as a small business case.

The assessment centre consisted of an interview, one business case which required some market sizing and follow up questions.
    For second business case I was given 45 minutes to prepare answers to questions and then one hour to present and answer follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• What is our competitive advantage?
      Who are you as a team player?

Consulting Group Summer(Analyst) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Screening interview to determine your motivations (walk though CV, would you enjoy analysing data, would you enjoy liaising with clients.
    2nd round interview with senior consultant: tell me about yourself, what attracted you to QIMS, what competitive advantage do we have over other companies) - Mini case interview: easy case with 4 questions, but make sure you give DATA for each answer.

Interview Questions

• what comp advantage do we have   1 Answer

Regulatory Affairs Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 3 weeks. I had a pre-screening interview with HR then a competency-based style interview with the HR Manager. The 3rd and final week I had an interview with the Hiring Manager and Director of Regulatory Affairs (separate interviews).

It was a lovely and straightforward process which allowed me to understand the company a little bit better.

Interview Questions

• An example of a project managed from start to finish.
      An ab example if a difficult situation that I've been in and how I resolved it.
      Talk me through your cv.
      CMC related Questions.
      Prepared and presented a PowerPoint.
      What is your understanding of module 3.
      What are grouped variations?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy and straightforward.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in December 2016.

Interview

I had three phone interviews before being rejected. The first was with HR and was a standard interview about my background and a few competency based questions. The 2nd was a market sizing interview with a few more maths questions after. The third was a full case study.

Feedback was good for the first two interviews and responses about next stages were swift until I'd failed and then it took them a long time to inform me which I found a little annoying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted many weeks after--I had assumed they weren't interested and had even forgotten I had applied--to set up a phone screening with their recruiting staff. After passing this step I was scheduled for an in-person interview at the office.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize competing tasks? How do you work? What experience do you have?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My union was unable to help me negotiate before they saw a draft of my contract. Quintiles did not provide a draft of my contract until two days before my employment was due to start. I don't know if this was intentional to prevent me from being able to negotiate, or whether they were so disorganized that it was not ready before then. Either way I was dissatisfied with this process.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview by an HR employee followed by a face to face interview with a line manager, followed by a face to face interview with a colleague, followed by a face to face interview with another colleague. Very drawn out process which took 4 weeks. I was appointed at the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience and what I would bring to the role.   Answer Question

Graduate Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Online application, followed by an overseas telephone interview. This was followed by a long wait (2 months) for an invitation to an assessment centre. The assessment centre was half a day with multiple interviews and scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to wok for quintiles   1 Answer

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Basic competency based questions. Nothing too difficult. Had group discussion and role play with a demanding customer on the phone. Staff attending were all very relaxed and welcoming. However, afterwards the company took much longer than the specified time to reply regarding the outcome. Sent an email to ask as I had another job offer and felt like I was basically told to take that offer instead.

Graduate CRA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial screening interview by phone, followed by online tests and an assessment centre arranged at short notice. The assessment centre consisted of an individual case study related to the role, an individual interview with typical behavioural questions, a presentation and a group exercise.

The assement centre was well organised and recruiters were very friendly, which improved the overall impression of the process and company. Travel expenses were surprisingly not reimbursed for a company of such scale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were able to foresee a problem/crisis and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question