QuintilesIMS Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.1

61 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

1st - Individual case study (e.g. a company wants to sell a product X and they want to know the anual revenue). I cannot give you advice on it because I didn't perform well on this test and it was my 1st time doing something like it. Probably I there are examples on-line, I didn't find them. I am a complete ignorant but based on what I caught during the exercise I would say there are 3 main sectors within pharma real-world evidences that are: R+D, Marketing and Epidemiology. Keep that in mind. I would suggest you knowing this kind of details, be agile on multiplications with a piece of paper and a pen (I am too used to have a calculator) and be relax, do not rush as there is plenty of time.

2nd - Personal interview. Make sure it is clear why you want to work on the field and the company. Look obvious and easy but I also failed on it.

3rd - Group exercise. A client asks for advice about 4 issues. As a team, you've to discuss them and give advice (small "presentation").
    - Spot the key elements/facts per issue. (e.g. deadlines)
    - See whether issues are related.
    - Discuss and propose.

My advice on this 3rd test is:

- They look for energetic teams and people.

- Try to discuss things in a very politely, diplomatic and in a “coaching” way.
    E.g. Instead of saying " I disagree with what you proposed because of X." (as I did. I didn't want to sound rude I just want to discuss about the proposal but other limited to say they agreed with X) say "I agree / I see your point proposing this because of Z. However, I am not sure of it because of X")

- You have a specific amount of time to do the exercise (I think it was 1h).No timer. Do not ask how much time you have left, they will tell you if necessary.

- Use the white board.

- I think I looked a bit blunt/direct because of my nervous. Be very relax/confident (but at the same time energetic and diplomatic)

Please, take my comments with a bit of salt as I didn't not get the position. Therefore, obviously, I did several things wrong. I am just giving my advice based on what I did and the feedback I got from the interviewers.

In general I really enjoyed the experience and looks like a fantastic place to work. I'm just sad I didn't get the job.

All my best if you are applying for a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the client requests a "scope change"? (e.g. you agreed on collecting data from patients with diabetes and later the client asks for diabetic patients that are also obese)   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Started with group interview, solving business opearation problems, than one on one fit interviews, at the end case interviews. It was a great learning oportunity even just to participate in the interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

First round with a senior consultant about my motivation for applying and my experience (generally taking through my CV) around 45 minutes over phone call. At the beginning, I was quite nervous and the interviewer realized it and asked me frequent questions so to extract the best out of me. Later, it went pretty well as he made me feel very comfortable and asking detailed questions even in each project presented on my CV.
    Second round was a Case study, which was very relevant to the role I have applied for. They gave me a week of time to finish it, however to utilize only 4 hours to finish the work. The information on the case study was very brief. However, they wanted to check my ability on how efficiently I will utilize the information and formulate the document assuming a lot of other details.
    Third round was with the HR. It was a general round checking on the motivation for applying and competitive base questions. The HR was very friendly making you feel very comfortable at their premises for 30 minutes.
    This was followed by a Panel interview round, 1 hour 30 minutes. The three panelist including the department head and a senior consultant and the reporting hiring manager were very friendly. The questions were more detailed about my CV, the projects in my CV, the Case study document and more detailed technical questions. However, they were really interested in knowing what you could bring to the table apart from the usual responsibilities.

This was followed by a programming exam. It was an hour exam and the questions were really comprehensible. However, the system I needed to work on was very slow.

Interview Questions

• Your CV demonstrates that you have a lot of different experiences in different fields. How do you see yourself fitting and lasting in this position ?   Answer Question

Bio Statistician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Reading, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Several phone interviews: HR, hiring manager, technical interviewer, interviewer about processes and systems. I was then invited for a face-to-face interview with 4 managers in the board where I had to present for 20 minutes on a recent project.

Interview Questions

• What SAS procedures one should use in some specific situations, and to explain basic statistical concepts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Awful. After 10 minutes the internal recruiter told me the job I had applied for had already gone but there was a more junior role available. Oh and it wasn't home based like I needed to be. Could I commute 4 hours each way???

Interview Questions

• Could you commute the 220 miles each way?   1 Answer

Ssas Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)).

Interview

it was initial telephonic interview followed by face to face followed by HR interview, They have interviewed for SSAS developer they had requirement of architect, they just wasted almost 2-3 hrs asking about architect for very less salary instead of developer. one of the worst interviews I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• What do u know about Architecture level how do you know if the ssas cube can handle this kind of load or not?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Interview

Phone interview

I was interviewed by the direct superior senior sales manager. He started the interview with typical question : tell me about yourself. I was introducing my work experience but he cut me off and wanted me to tell him who I really am as a person. He wanted to know if I'm married, if I have kids, what does my husband do etc. I found it very unprofessional. And when I asked what was the difference between inside sales specialist and solution sales specialist, he told me that they have funny names for the positions and it didn't matter.

The JD I got was very different from the responsibilities that I was told by the interviewer. Very disappointing that a big company would have such unprofessional senior manager.

Scala Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Had a detailed first phone interview, then a detailed 4 hour second interview. They wanted a hands-on engineer but provided feedback that there wouldn't be very much hands-on work involved. Completely contradictory to job description and what was being mentioned. The interviewer was basically contradicting themselves throughout the process. They have yet to provide any feedback. A complete pointless and time wasting exercise. Unprofessional, disrespectful and disorganized interview process. It is a racist company.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions

During first stage:
      The questions are mainly a discuss on what I was looking for and about the role. The interviewer made it clear that it was hands-on. I had made it very clear that I was hands-on. The interviewer then assured me that it was hands-on. I think by this time you would assume the interviewer knew what I was looking for was hands-on scala work.

During second stage:
      1st interviewer was with data scientists - the person was late by 20-30 mins, did not know difference between svm's kernel svm's and structured svms' but kept going on about it. Asked me a lot of questions unrelated to role.

2nd interviewer was an architect - but kept asking me questions on Java again totally unrelated to role. You would assume person will ask you questions on Scala at this time. But, not a single question was on Scala.
      In fact, I kept directing to question towards scala trying to put the questions in context to the role of how I had used that language in projects as you would expect in a Scala developer interview.

3rd interviewer was a manager - asked me a lot of contradictory questions like we looking for a hands-on role but just to be clear this not a very hands-on role. Now I am wondering so you said on phone that this was going to be a hands-on role and you still have not asked me any scala questions or spark questions.

It is just very pointless when interviewers just want to waste your time. In fact the feedback stated they were looking for a hands-on scala developer. A) which I was and was exactly looking for that which I made it very clear on phone and during the interview with all three interviewers with evidence of projects B) they never bothered to ask me about scala during interview and I kept relating projects towards that.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Three stages: Telephone screening Interview, 1 hour telephone interview, 4 hour assessment centre (1 hour business case, 1 hour interview, 2 hour business case with presentation).

The telephone screening was standard.

The telephone interview consisted of some competency based questions as well as a small business case.

The assessment centre consisted of an interview, one business case which required some market sizing and follow up questions.
    For second business case I was given 45 minutes to prepare answers to questions and then one hour to present and answer follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• What is our competitive advantage?
      Who are you as a team player?   Answer Question

Machine Learning Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very quick turnaround (1 day) between applying and getting a phone screening. However I got the clear impression that the screening was outsourced (very strong Asian accent, the guy seemed to be reading the company description). This is OK, but I'd rather they were transparent about it. Unclear how technical the interviewer was, so I was unsure in what level of detail I could go in my answers and I probably kept it more high-level than needed.
    After the interview, it took them two weeks to turn me down.

Interview Questions

• What's the defining characteristic of Recurrent Neural Networks?   Answer Question