R/GA Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a call with the HR person and then interviewed with 4 people on the same day, 2 senior analysts and 2 managers. People there are very friendly and our conversations went well.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

This was one of the most bizarre interview processes I've been a part of. I began by applying for a position as a design intern in New York City. Shortly thereafter, I was informed that I had been lifted from the intern pool and they were going to interview me for a full-time position. I thought this could only mean good things. After one brief half-hour interview, I was told they planned on making hiring decisions within the week. Two weeks later, I was informed that not only did I not get the full-time position, but they were moving forward with other candidates for the intern position as well.

Interview Questions

• If you were to show me one piece in your portfolio that reflects you as a designer, what would it be?   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through their online application and was connected with a recruiter within a week or so of submitting my information. I was then screened with a call from HR followed by and scheduled skye interview with me and a recruiter from their talent department within a few weeks. A lot of back and forth feedback between the recruiter and I and the whole interview process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• What my favorite project was in my portfolio and why ?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

After submitting an online application, I was asked to download an app which presented me with question prompts and allowed me to film my responses within a given time frame. I then had a phone call with an Associate Recruiter. Since I did not live near their office, I had a Zoom call which last 1.5 hrs with the Recruiting Operations Associate, Recruitment Manager, and Director Recruiting Operations. My last interview, before they stopped contacting me, was the Associate Director and lasted 30 minutes.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The recruiting proess is very unprofessional. I was contacted and scheduled for an interview. It was very easy-going and carefree like the interviewers did not even look at my resume beforehand. I was then scheduled to meet the director. The interview went well and told me to wait for the next step. After two weeks of waiting, I was informed that I am getting another interview with two other managers because they "think" I fit more in the other team. A month of waiting after the interview, I was informed that they heard good things about me again. They also asked me if I was getting offers and interviews from other firms and told me to stay tune. After few weeks of waiting again, I emailed them asking about the process. That was when I found out they decided to pursue another candidate. The whole process went on for over 2 months and I was kept in the bait. very very unprofessional...

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

Went through two rounds of interviews but it felt like forever because of their scheduling issues. The first round was with two people; we went through my portfolio and the overall interview went well. I had to schedule a second round because the decision maker could not be at the first interview. The second interview was very basic and included no hard questions, but it was THEN that he informed me they had originally budgeted for someone more junior...but would try to make it work.

Afterwards, radio silence. I sent follow-ups to the THREE different recruiters I had been in touch with during this process, and none of them could respond with a copy and paste rejection email. One of my top worst interviewing experiences of all time.

Interview Questions

• Walk through one of your creative projects. Are you wiling to design for a client in the XX industry?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy, smooth process. Spoke with recruiter, went in twice for two separate interviews. They extended an offer shortly after. The recruiter was nice and everyone I met with gave me a great understanding of the process of the agency and what my day-to-day would look like.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed with two team members over Skype. They were nice and asked smart, thoughtful questions about my work and interests. I spoke with several members of the team and the recruiters many times throughout a three week process. I was given a written offer that was withdrawn when I moved to accept. I've never had that happen before. It was the strangest interview process I've ever had, and I've definitely had odd ones. I was also unaware that it was possible to rescind a written offer, but I guess now I know, and I'm glad I didn't ultimately accept the position, because it made me feel like the process was dishonest and not transparent.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Went through two rounds of phone interviews that seemingly went well. R/GA recruiter set up a time for me to come for in-person interviews. When I confirmed, I never heard back, despite sending a couple more emails inquiring about the interviews and the process.

It's fine if they found a better-suited candidate, just have a little professionalism and let me know.

Interview Questions

• Experience with tools and examples of experiences with utilizing or vetting new tools   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at R/GA (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Very pleasant and laid back. I met with an EVP and he kept it really low key. Pulled up my portfolio onscreen and just went through it asking about my thinking behind a few of the projects.

Interview Questions

• -How was your previous internship?
      -What was your thinking behind [this one] portfolio piece?
      -What do you look for in creative partners and an agency?   Answer Question