R.J. O'Brien Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at R.J. O'Brien (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The process in total involved two phone interview. One was with a woman in HR and the other was with a manager. Overall, the interviews were very typical. They asked you about your work experience, what was on your resume, and why you wanted the internship. They then went on to ask about specific problems/events and how you would work to solve that problem.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that was yelling at you for something you did not do?   1 Answer

Vice President of Institutional Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.J. O'Brien (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with Matt Reese who is an executive....then with the CMO and after had a drug screen and a background check. Onboarding included some paperwork and a meeting with the HR people.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at R.J. O'Brien (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Basic interview, interviewed with 3 managers and was asked basic interview questions. The process took about an hour. I heard back in about 2 weeks and started 2 weeks later

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R.J. O'Brien (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Sent in my resume. Received a call for an interview. It was a one on one meeting general questions asked. Very short and was told I had the job right away.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at R.J. O'Brien (Chicago, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

HR Department was reasonably responsive when queried. Long period between interview and notification that an offer would not be extended. Phone interview was with actual hiring manager, not with HR, so it was easier to get immediate feedback about expected knowledge, etc. In-person interview was long, with 3 separate 1:1 interviews from hiring manager up to C-level. Refreshments were offered.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working with QoS tools   1 Answer
    • Draw a typical 3-zone firewall setup on the whiteboard   1 Answer

Commodities Broker Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R.J. O'Brien in October 2009.

Interview

They asked why do you think you would be successful as a broker. They also mention that there is a high turnover and most people quit the industry after 6 months because of the stress. I was asked how I am planning on avoiding burnout and why I think I would be a convincing voice on the phone.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to avoid burning out as so many new people do?   Answer Question
    • How much experience do you have prospecting people over the phone?   Answer Question