R+L Carriers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.0

Line Haul Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very quick transportation manger was to the point and told me what the job paid with out asking. Also told me what route was available.
    Asked me did I feel comfortable pulling doubles. Told me he would forward my app to corporate and let me know that day or the next. Positive interview.

Interview Questions

• What job do you want to work at this company.
      Do you feel comfortable pulling doubles.
      Do you mind starting at 10:30 pm.
      1 Answer

International Logistics Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R+L Carriers in December 2016.

Interview

I received a phone call to come in for an interview and after the interview they called me and told me they would keep in contact with my while they found someone qualified to train me. I didn't hear from them till two months after the initial interview and they told me they had found someone else. Waste of time.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. I got called for interview to their office next day. I did this twice. They don't reimburse any expenses. One of my interviews was a phone call in their office.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R+L Carriers in June 2016.

Interview

Pretty basic. I received a phone call from the Terminal manager to come in from an interview. I sat down with the Operations Manager and Terminal Manager. Impressed them with responses to their questions along with a solid resume and background experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. I was given an offer. My options were to accept it or Not to accept. Which they would continue their search to fill the position.

Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wallingford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Wallingford, CT).

Interview

Nothing really to describe. I had a quick and easy process due to knowing the Terminal manager at the time from a previous company.I have nothing else to add but you require me to type out a fifty word minimum. It was a sunny day today in Connecticut but it was cool out.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind switching to a city driver position?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview

3 interview rounds. Not so hard questions. Primary focus is understanding candidates work ethic and learning capabilities. The interviewers were were friendly and understanding. The whole process went smooth. Room for negotiation, don't forget to negotiate your vacation time.

Web Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at R+L Carriers.

Interview

I send my resume on a campus job fair and got an on-site interview on Ocala office. The office is great and there is not much people in the building. There are three interviewers and they are so nice. But I did not treasure this opportunity and got reject from R+L.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at R+L Carriers in March 2015.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone, the second was over a month later. Then, about two weeks later they called me with an offer. We are still are still in the offer process...They made me an offer and I countered.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R+L Carriers in March 2015.

Interview

It was a two part process, over the phone with a recruiter followed by an interview with location supervisor. Really standard questions. I was able to negotiate salary to a 20% increase since I already had offers with competitors. During the first phone interview I understood things such as how fast the sector of the company I am going to, it grew over 500% in the last four years. That is always a great thing when jumping into a company, I learned that the volume of customers is so vast the the opportunities are endless. After about three questions about myself in both the phone and in person interview it wad mainly a Q&A for myself.

Dock Supervisor/Leadman/Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R+L Carriers (Dallas, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

the interview process was fairly quick. the questions were easy to answer, but the interview was vague on a information about the other duties that I would have to perform.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked if I had forklift experience, if I had a problem working in cold/ hot climates, if I had a problem working overtime.   1 Answer