R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.6

Associate Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The presentation of the position was very professional yet comfortable. Interview was a day of presentations on the company and the position. Presenters and trainers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Overall, company seemed to really care about their employees.

Interview Questions

• Interview was with 2 higher ups that were not very active in the presentations of the company and the sales position. One interviewer was professional and very intelligent to talk to. That interview consisted of testing one's knowledge in the world of sales as well as strategies. The other interviewer was the complete opposite. Very relaxed to the point of being unprofessional. Questions seemed to come off as an attack.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I went through a recruiter and then had a one to one with the Director, and then a phone interview with the lead PM at RR Donnelly. The Interview went really well. Explained my background, asked about what the team and project dynamic is, and saw a good fit.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

2 stage interview. 1st more HR and 2nd more technical.
    Interview is straightforward. behavioral but situational scenarios needs to be explained. Be prepared to meet with multiple people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations.

Strategic Pricing Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

The best way is to receive a Employee referral through an active employee or previous executive. If not the Internal and external sites for pre screening candidates. Then initial phone screen. Then middle management interview and 1 VP or SVP final interview.

Interview Questions

• How advanced are your excel skills.   1 Answer

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Carol Stream, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was basically like all other interviews, a little personal conversation and then we went to the questions about experience etc. They said I had all the requirements needed and that they would get back to me but they never did.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever estimated before?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Charles, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Saint Charles, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview experience. Nothing earth shattering. Was able to meet everyone on the team and find out what the day to day responsibilities were. I felt like a lot of the people there were able to explain what this section of the company was all about and overall gave out a good vibe that didn't scare me off.

Interview Questions

• What does your day to day look like?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

It seemed they were more interested in my previous employer than in me. I was told I would have a phone interview and then be asked in to the office. I was called twice and spoke to 2 different people and was told each time I would be receiving an email giving me availability times to interview on-site. That never happened. The third phone "interview" was with the first recruiter I spoke to. I hung up at that point.

Interview Questions

• What outside vendors are you currently working with at your present job.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

A co-worker recommended me for an interview. The interviewer contacted me and set up a date and time for a phone interview. The actual interview included with 3 interviewers and lasted about 45 minutes. The next step would've been an onsite interview, but due to the low salary range and the fact that working remotely wasn't an option, I took my hat out of the ring and ended the process there.

Interview Questions

• What type of writing do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer
    • Would you be happy with a salary range between forty thousand and fifty thousand dollars per year?   1 Answer
    • Which Copy Style are you familiar with, Associated Press or Chicago Manual of Style?   1 Answer
    • If given an article you write, how do you go about gathering research for the article?   1 Answer
    • How did you get into your current profession?   1 Answer

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Bolingbrook, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Toni asked me a couple of questions about myself then why do I feel I can do the job that I apply for after the interview she show me around the company

Interview Questions

• why did I apply for a job at this company   1 Answer

Systems Analyst/Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Bolingbrook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially it started with an HR Interview where the interviewer asked me about my background and my career goals, interest, availability and preferences of location. Then she questioned me about all my projects which I've worked on so far. Later after 3 days, a technical interview was scheduled which was taken by the supervisor of the team.

Interview Questions

• What is MVC, advantages of using MVC, what is SQL Server, stored procedures, advantages of stored procedures, what is primary key, surrogate key, association key, what is dimensions and measures in BI.   Answer Question