R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 13, 2018

2.7

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plover, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Plover, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

I was already working inside already for a year when I applied at the plover,wi location. I was encouraged to apply from a coworker. The process of me turning in the application and getting an interview took about 3 months. The interviewer was intimidating. Then for two weeks after that they hyped me up telling me I got the job, only to find out I did not get the job and they gave it to someone less qualified who's only been with the company two months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

The interviewing process begins with a phone screening. You will typically hear back within 2 weeks of the phone interview if you have been selected to progress in the process. The second interview is an onsite interview at the facility you will potentially be working for. Onsite interview will include a tour as well as multiple interviews with other Associates and Management. Expect to be there for a few hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a leadership situation that you would handle differently if you had to do it over again.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plainfield, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Plainfield, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

The people were very Cordial, down to earth hr rep. Very nice and professional. Mostly common sense questions and some experience based questions. Answered questions that I had about the company and it's future.

Interview Questions

• Lots of "tell us about a time when. .."   1 Answer

Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carol Stream, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Carol Stream, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was basically like all other interviews, a little personal conversation and then we went to the questions about experience etc. They said I had all the requirements needed and that they would get back to me but they never did.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever estimated before?   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

It seemed they were more interested in my previous employer than in me. I was told I would have a phone interview and then be asked in to the office. I was called twice and spoke to 2 different people and was told each time I would be receiving an email giving me availability times to interview on-site. That never happened. The third phone "interview" was with the first recruiter I spoke to. I hung up at that point.

Interview Questions

• What outside vendors are you currently working with at your present job.   Answer Question

Web Development Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in January 2016.

Interview

Was scheduled to have a phone interview, got emailed 2 minutes before saying the interviewer is stuck in a meeting and needs to reschedule. Replied offering available times to reschedule to, and did that again when I didn't hear back. Didn't hear back for a week and a half until finally got an email saying the position is put on hold.

Legal Proofreader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

I was given a very brief phone interview where they only asked one question: why RR Donnelley? After that, they told me about the job for another ten minutes. They then scheduled a face-to-face interview. It was a surprisingly long interview. I was told that the interview would last 15-20 minutes, and it went over an hour. They were very honest about the job -- it is 100% non-stop work and solo work.

Interview Questions

• 1. Do you have any grammar pet peeves?
      2. Why you? Why us? Typical kinds of questions.
      3. Greatest weakness? Second greatest weakness?
      4. On a score of 1-10 (ten being the highest), how would you rate your grammar skills?
      5. What if your boss made a mistake? How would you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

I had an interview with the Director of Financial Analysis. I felt like a Counselor. She was telling me how she wishes more people applied and this and that. Very unprofessional to say the least. Worst interview I have ever had.

Associate Sales Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The presentation of the position was very professional yet comfortable. Interview was a day of presentations on the company and the position. Presenters and trainers were very friendly and easy to talk to. Overall, company seemed to really care about their employees.

Interview Questions

• Interview was with 2 higher ups that were not very active in the presentations of the company and the sales position. One interviewer was professional and very intelligent to talk to. That interview consisted of testing one's knowledge in the world of sales as well as strategies. The other interviewer was the complete opposite. Very relaxed to the point of being unprofessional. Questions seemed to come off as an attack.   Answer Question

Presentation Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a telephone interview with HR in response to an ad I submitted a resume to. The second call was to set up the interview. I interviewed the following week with 3 managers at the client site. I felt as though the interview went extremely well. I met three managers, they discussed what I'd be doing, and even showed me the center where I"d be working. It has been six weeks and I haven't heard anything. At week 4 I sent a nice note thanking HR for the interview and asking for the status of my application. I have had no response - possibly due to the holidays - but six weeks is six weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What percentage of your work required Powerpoint and what percentage did you use Adobe Creative Suite? How good are you at Collaboration?   1 Answer