R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.7

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Just introduce yourself and walk through your resume. There was nothing too complicated. You have to present yourself and just have a strong ambition. It looked like a really fun place to work since the interview was so laid back. I am sure we all hate those interviews where we are bolted with numerous questions that do not really pertain to the job.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance the demands of work and school together?   Answer Question

Biller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thurmont, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Thurmont, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty quick and like any other. The two people that interviewed me I ended up working with directly and they were great. Everything that was discussed in the interview and in the offer was accurate.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Met one on one with dept. managers. I believe it was offsite, over lunch. once passed this step, then was run through an onsite interview with the Dept Manager. Answered a series of questions on situation. Then a one on one interview with HR Mananger.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Several panel interviews. There was the phone call letting you know you have an interview. Then you have the first of one to three panel interviews. Each person asks their own questions. there was the local manager, the district manager and one of the local favorite sales employees. Then you get a call to come in for another interview and its with the local manager. He will let you know you got the job and this is how much we are going to offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses, why did you leave your last employment. What would you do if a customer..., basically all the question you expect along with; tell me about yourself, what did you like about your last job, what did you like least, etc...   Answer Question

Digital Graphics Technician III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Elgin, IL).

Interview

It is nothing more than a standard interview. No surprises and takes a long time to hear back. HR is nothing more than a drone to cover RRD's back.

Roll Tender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Lancaster, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was a pretty structured process: Group interview, tour of the plant, 1 on 1 interview with production supervisor, background check. The 1 on 1 was more of a conversational interview then an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something that wasn't in your job description and how you handled that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews in one day to assess basic knowledge and qualifications. Got an in-person interview the next day that was more in depth, but essentially the same. 2 weeks of hearing nothing, then a third interview with a Morgan Stanley person. 2 more weeks of nothing, until I finally contact them and get some generic (probably robot generated) no-selection email. HR never answers the phone or returns voicemail. Very rude and unprofessional way to treat candidates.

Interview Questions

• What databases do you have experience with? How would you rate your skills with Excel?   Answer Question

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (New York, NY).

Interview

interviewing process is friendly but tricky many questions are asked that are not traditional. a confident but not cocky attitude is the best way to answer and be relaxed. the staff is very nice and warm but it may take a long time before they get back to you

Research Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and took a week to hear back. Had phone screen with an HR. HR did not ask any productive questions. Did not feel the person asked any skills or knowledge that related to the job. Also, the questions they asked are too general and too broad. It only took 10 mins.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Warrenville, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and I found everyone very pleasant and helpful. Phone interview with HR, Phone interview with hiring manager, and an in person interview at their office with hiring manager, his boss, and someone from the team I was applying to be a part of

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role, Why are you looking to change, technical questions (for IT)   Answer Question