R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 6, 2017

2.7

Systems Analyst/Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Bolingbrook, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Initially it started with an HR Interview where the interviewer asked me about my background and my career goals, interest, availability and preferences of location. Then she questioned me about all my projects which I've worked on so far. Later after 3 days, a technical interview was scheduled which was taken by the supervisor of the team.

Interview Questions

• What is MVC, advantages of using MVC, what is SQL Server, stored procedures, advantages of stored procedures, what is primary key, surrogate key, association key, what is dimensions and measures in BI.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy, only the resume was discussed. They don't grill you with hardcore technical questions. They want to know if you know the basics - they'll train you as they need.

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Pontiac, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Questions with nothing that pertained to job. Nothing about my people skills. Very different than anything I've been through before. Could tell someone was already picked for this position. Kind of nonchalant.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Spoke to an HR employee over the telephone. Had a good conversation about 15 minutes talking about past experiences in work and capabilities. She was proper and asked typical but good questions as an employer should.

Lead Press Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Durham, NC).

Interview

Talked w/ COO and department manager? Plant tour, spoke with current employèes. Shown all departments in process for finishing jobs. Met HR to be told benefits and company policy and SOPs. Entire process took in all aspects of customer expectations and quality printing. All in all interview went well. Lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions

• Years of exp. on machine in job desription.   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I was sent an email requesting a phone interview. The interview took about 20 minutes, just as the email had said. It was pretty much what I expected; they discussed the program, the sales-oriented track, mentioned the requirements and duration of each phase of the program. I was asked 3 or 4 pretty standard interview questions, and was also given time to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a big decision that you had to make recently, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • This program starts at the ground floor, in the print production area. Would you be comfortable with this - as opposed to a job in a high rise?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Logan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Logan, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

I learned about this position from a friend that has worked there for a number of years, other applicants found out by attending the career fair at Utah State University. The position was interviewed for over the summer, and then they let us know that it would be for October through February work. We found out if we were selected in a few short weeks after the interview which made it so we could tell current employers, if applicable.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Warrenville, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with VP of Finance, Finance Director, and HR Director. I was a Senior Financial Analyst applying for the Finance Manager role. They already knew me, my work ethic, work style, and personality. They were already expecting to offer me the role despite having other candidates applying for the job as well. The interview was pretty smooth for me in this case.

Composition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Incredibly disjointed process. The "in-house" hiring personnel admitted they were not a permanent employee, which seemed a tad strange. This person was a consultant and was moody - mainly rude, sometimes nice. I have NEVER had such a frustrating process, but was absolutely glad to know how disjointed the company (at least at this location or within this branch) was/is. I could not get a response from the "real" HR department, had emails bounced back, and was accused of a false answer/response MULTIPLE times. SOOOOO glad to not work there!!!

Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strasburg, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Strasburg, VA).

Interview

The interview was conducted by a three person panel. Very uncomfortable, felt more like an interrogation!!! Some of the questions were completed foolish, others too personal. The interview (with three people) took way to long and then I was given a test at the end.

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 10 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We are offering this position as an entry level position into customer service.