R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 12, 2017

2.7

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

A co-worker recommended me for an interview. The interviewer contacted me and set up a date and time for a phone interview. The actual interview included with 3 interviewers and lasted about 45 minutes. The next step would've been an onsite interview, but due to the low salary range and the fact that working remotely wasn't an option, I took my hat out of the ring and ended the process there.

Interview Questions

• What type of writing do you do in your spare time?   1 Answer
    • Would you be happy with a salary range between forty thousand and fifty thousand dollars per year?   1 Answer
    • Which Copy Style are you familiar with, Associated Press or Chicago Manual of Style?   1 Answer
    • If given an article you write, how do you go about gathering research for the article?   1 Answer
    • How did you get into your current profession?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview was pretty standard, in the second interview I met with all the different department heads: Finance, Sales, Production Manager, Product Manager, and two people currently in the program. After meeting with all the different people, yiu get to tiur the facility frm the press room to cutting, and binding, and where different people are in the offices. The whole process took about three hours with the facility tour.

Product Owner Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through an agency. After the initial phone screen with the hiring manager, I went for an in-person interview. The interview at Bellevue location was approximately 3 hours long. Questions were mostly focused on Product Owner role in Scrum teams. We also did a case study of a new e-commerce website. I was drilled on design skills and critical thinking.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

Actually it was quite comfortable, as the interviewer was highly knowledgeable and detailed as to the nature of the position, and what all the role would require. It was thorough, reciprocal and positive.

Interview Questions

• What do you (referring to me) consider to be your greatest attribute, relative to working closely with the client?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst III Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

didn't take much time, was through temp agency but done within 30 minutes. there should be phone interview but skipped because of weather and appear for 1:1 interview. I can say was easy and simple.

Interview Questions

• pretty straight , about past job, experience, environment and culture looking for ?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program (PBM Graphics) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a brief phone screening that basically asked "How did you hear about us? What interests you in the position", and questions concerning your resume.

After the phone screening they called me in for an onsite interview at their Raleigh/Durham office. First they gave me a tour of the plant which is very long and one of the most boring actives I have ever done. After the tour they took me into a conference room where I was interviewed by 4-5 people 1 on 1. Then the President of PBM graphics came and and interviewed me. He was very unprofessional and would interrupt me in the middle of answer. Because he's the president of this low level printing company owned by a much larger and respected firm he walked around like he owned RR Donnelley when in actuality he was in charge of very little.

Overall, everyone at the company was nice and pleasant to talk to but the president was one of the worst people I've ever dealt with in a professional setting. Unless you have a bad GPA or went to a no name university I would not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to reach a compromise.

Why printing?

Tell me about yourself.

Very basic questions.
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Iowa City, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

two managers gave the interview, they asked several of the general questions you receive at an interview but also some tricky ones. The managers took turn asking questions and took notes on what I said. One manager seemed positive but the other one I got a really bad vibe from as if she was almost wanting to be somewhere else.

Creative Digital Leadership Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Multiple interviews (phone interview, in person, then another phone interview.) Neither of the three interviewers seemed to agree on defining the role… the last one was the most honest with me regarding "company environment." (old-school.) Seems like they were looking to hire someone to "save an account" but not sure.

Interview Questions

• Interesting: all three interviewers dominated the conversation by providing answers to the questions they were asking...None seemed very happy with their employer or situation?   1 Answer

Creative Strategist Interview

Interview

I'd give RRD a 6/10 in terms of screening you in. They vetted me well as a candidate; so first round of phone interviews went well, as did the initial in-person interview. The problem(s) were, these first layers did not have the same expectations for the role that the guy int he corner office had. There was a total disconnect.

With a background in design and strategy, I thought I'd try vendor-side for a change – the variety in client work sounded enticing... but they couldn't talk about the accounts.. just around the big ones based here in Atlanta. RRD aren't just printers anymore; whatever it is they do now is still a bit of a mystery. (Don't expect the website to help you prepare).

Because the creatives couldn't talk about which accounts this position might work with, it was difficult to learn more about the role really entailed. HR recruiters, an Art Director in NY and the Creative Director in Atlanta had a completely different vision from what the guy in the corner office had in mind. By the time I came in for the second in-person interview, I was hoping to finally learn about the role. Instead, corner office guy demanded to first see samples of my work. (Brought samples, but wanted to pick the most relevant). Turned out, what he really wants is someone who can sell, sell, sell. Creative background and conceptual abilities are not necessary for this role. All that's needed is a knowledge of whatever devices RRD manufactures and an ability to sell, sell, and upsell.

Interview Questions

• Show me what you can do for me.   1 Answer

unpleasant last interview

Print Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview

I applied on line and received a call within two days. I had a meeting set for two more days. It was a positive experience. I met the internal recruiter at a hotel. We ended up speaking for over 30 minutes. She was in a bit of a rush to catch a plane. This is a huge global company. It has many divisions. Make sure you do your homework about the company before you interview.