R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

Interviews at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc.

Positive33%
Negative44%
Neutral22%
Recruiter53%
Applied online35%
Staffing Agency12%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc.

R.S. Hughes Co., Inc.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc.

Interview

The interview process was fine, until the interview was cancelled at the last minute. The individual didn't even reach out to me himself, he had a recruiter do it. They dissolved the position the day before i guess?

Interview Questions
  • No questions were asked during the interview.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. (Dallas, TX) in Apr 2019

Interview

Applied online through an employment agency. They were prompt which was good. They ask you to take a personality and assessment test. They bring you in for an in-person interview. I didn't receive a further update back from them without have to ask if I was still being considered, which I thought was rude and inconsiderate of my time and job prospecting search. I thought I would be a good fit for the job considering my background and experience. Though there was a big hint the job and company culture was very stressful and the low wage and expectations for the job probably wouldn't make up for it. Maybe in the end, it was the right to not be offered the role. Companies everywhere want absolutely perfect people with a refined skill-set willing to work for low wages that barely get you by... The company ratings and reviews (2.9) also suggest it may not be a very good job. The company may be okay, but the organization and management structure as well as the target market of business might be very fickle and unpredictable.

Interview Questions
  • Normal interviews questions about your background, aspirations...etc.

Application

Interview

I was brought in twice for easy interviews. One was an Excel test that was archaic. Their computer systems are old and outdated as are their offices. Everything is as cheap as possible.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. (New York, NY)

Interview

This company needs more transparency in their interview process. Passed all their interviews. Area Manager tentatively offered a specific salary, asks me to wait a few days for job offer. After waiting for a week , I am contacted by external recruiter offering half the amount we agreed on. Declined offer

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

R.S. Hughes Co., Inc.

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc.

Interview

Passed the first and second round. Had a third one set up. Instead, they contacted my recruiter to tell them they just decided to go with another candidate that had industrial experience. Keep in mind they kept me in the dark for a week without telling me this. But I got another (much better) job. I actually had a girl at my orientation that said she used to work for rs Hughes. She said that I dodged a bullet. She also says that it’s the worst company she ever worked for; and she was there for seven years! she also admitted that management put the good comments on glassdoor, so these other good reviews are just fabrications. Be careful.

Interview Questions
  • Who cares-this company is horrible! Just cancel the interview and dodge a bullet like I did!!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) in Sep 2017

Interview

2 interviews 1 was with the inside sales manager and the second was with the outside sales manager - since the end goal was outside sales. Interviews were about 45min or so each. Pretty standard, and received a call for the second interview/offer within a day

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

R.S. Hughes Co., Inc.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. in Aug 2017

Interview

Interviewer seemed in a rush, did not ask me a single question, but rather instantly asked what I had to ask him. After asking about 10 questions he asked if that was all and ended the interview. Seemed like he was having a bad day and wanted nothing to do with an interview that day seeing as he asked no questions nor did they interview me at all.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

R.S. Hughes Co., Inc.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. in Oct 2016

Interview

Passed in person 3 interviews and 3 telephone interviews, including one intl phone call on my dime. At the I wasn't even advised or thanked for my time because I asked about the salary. Unprofessional, I smell rat when a company do not want to talk about salary after long interview process and interviewers made me feel unconfortable with silly questions like ask me whatever, I don't have questions for you.Do not recommend, it's a waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Ask me shatever you want, ask me if I like to work here, answer is no, ask me if I like my co-workers, answer is no...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. (New York, NY)

Interview

The interviewed me with the operations manager remotely and over the phone once I was sourced through a recruiter, then I met my direct manager midway in the territory for dinner. After that, I had a final lunch meeting with the operations manager where he asked me if I wanted the job. Then an offer was sent to me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in West Bountiful, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. (West Bountiful, UT) in Aug 2016

Interview

I should have caught the signs when I noticed them. We had 5 interviews and during each one, my resume was used as a reason to insult my character. "So you left X company. Is that because you weren't ready for a real job?""I'm hesitant to hire you because it seems by your resume you don't know who you are. We work with people who know that RS Hughes is so they are." It was obvious the guy owned stock in the company and was anxious to sell out already. Most of the interviews were very money focused. Focused on what he and the company make, that is.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you leave X job, where you were making more, to go to Y job where you're making less?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews