R-T Specialty Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.8

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at R-T Specialty (West Palm Beach, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The interview process itself was pretty relaxed and informative. I was explained what the job consisted of and briefly went though my qualifications and why I wanted the job. The environment was easy going. This company seems like a great fit for hard working people who are interested in a fast paced industry. The location of the office is also in a great spot!

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R-T Specialty (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed in person with the broker and he asked several questions. I then interviewed in person with the broker assistant and she asked several questions. I found out a couple of weeks later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• additional insured questions, coverage questions, processing questions, discussed the surplus lines broker process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negociation

Surlpus Lines Tax Filer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at R-T Specialty (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview with team manager. No technical questions just about character and work ethic. Very relaxed, no pressure interview and only involved that one interview. He informed me of all the details pertaining to the work and was very upfront about any issues employees may have. It was a very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at R-T Specialty (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Very last minute. Agency called and apologized, but was I able to go very soon (in two hours) for an interview? After arriving interviewer gave casual impression on surface, however I sensed intensity below the surface. My understanding is that the interviewer was not only their HR recruiter but higher level executive with HIGH expectations.

Interview Questions

• Continued to ask same question repeatedly in differing formats: Why I left my last position? Interviewer did not accept or fancy the answer even though it was the same as what I gave to my eventual hirer at another company. Tricky and tenacious interviewer. While on the surface seemed polite it was quite uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Assistant Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at R-T Specialty (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency and was selected to be a good fit for what the company was looking for. I went in for an interview with the boss one on one but there were two other girls that also having interviews.

Interview Questions

• My previous jobs, skills, and how I handled situations.   Answer Question
    • What my schedule was like, how fast I could type and if I could multitask.   1 Answer