R.V. Kuhns Interview Questions | Glassdoor

R.V. Kuhns Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Three interviews overall. The first was a phone interview one-on-one with the head of the PMA department. The second was a phone interview with the head of the PMA and PMA team leads (however the head of PMA was unavailable). The final interview was in the office with the team leads, head of PMA and the head of HR. All three interviews were fairly standard. The first phone interview was just getting to know you, resume-based questions. The second phone interview was also resume-based questions and also were questions about what was happening in the market, general investment knowledge, etc. The in-person interview was again resume-based questions, more in depth market-based questions, and then situational questions about handling clients, working on team projects, etc. The in-person was followed by an Excel test, investments short-answer quiz and a personality test. Excel quiz was fairly easy if you know basic formulas, sort function, VLOOKUP, etc. The investments quiz was simple if you are a finance major or have previous investment experience, but I could see it being hard for someone without the background. Questions included what is benchmark, what is good benchmark for small-cap equity fund, list as many asset classes as possible, what is sharpe ratio.

Interview Questions

• What is the sharpe ratio?
      What is a benchmark?
      Good benchmark for small-cap equity mutual fund?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Had two interviews- first a phone, then in person. In person interview was with two younger managers and a senior manager. I was told there was a third skills test before hiring. Primarily behavioral and on background. They asked about my previous jobs as well as extracurriculars, and the two interviews were essentially identical.

Interview Questions

• Could you tell us about a project you worked on at your previous internship?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns (Portland, OR).

Interview

Great process - pay is not wonderful, but the environment is very good for someone 21-25 years old - lots of young people around and very entertaining. Sr. Consultants are good for the most part

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns.

Interview

Easy to get along with and conversational. Phone interview, followed by two in person. Very friendly management. Interview consisted of department manager, HR, and four team leaders. Most people interviewing you will be close to entry-level age.

Interview Questions

• would you delay a vacation flight on Friday to stay late for a project?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns.

Interview

PMA manager, HR manager, and the four team leads in the PMA department will sit in during the interview. It may seem a little overwhelming at first but they all contribute to the interview and it does not seem like you're being put in the spotlight. The PMA manager is very skilled at interviewing so just try and be yourself and be truthful in your responses.

Interview Questions

• What type of role do you prefer when working on a team project?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns (Portland, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

the hiring process was simple and I did not break a sweat. there was an easy excel test that I passed and I assume most others passed as well. They asked the standard questions from any other interview.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email three weeks later setting up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 15 minutes in which I was invited to an in person interview the next week. Very basic questions mostly related to my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• If money, time, and health were not an issue what would be your dream job and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns (Portland, OR) in October 2014.

Interview

Three Interviews. 1st interivew was with the performance analytics manager, which you go through resume and ask about past experiences. 2nd interview was in person with performance manager as well as the team leads. The team leads mostly sat quiet with the performance analytics manager asking the bulk of the questions. They called me back immediately and requested for a third in-person interview that included a "skills" test. This was basic excel questions (for the most part) and asked about some financial statistics questions. There was one open ended question that asks, how would you allocate a million dollars.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. The pay is significantly below industry average.

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns.

Interview

I submitted a resume, C/V and some work samples online. I forgot about it then 2 months later one of their Managers emailed me to set up an interview. I had one 45 minute phone interview that was one on one, and one in person interview that was a panel of three.

The phone interview was pleasant and the manager was very nice. However, in the second interview, she asked me pretty much identical questions as the first interview. I tried to make it more conversational but she insisted on making it an awkward Q&A session. The two other people in the interview were very friendly and asked decent questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were tasked with building a team, what would you look for in your teammates?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview

It was relaxed with lots of behavioral questions. Asked about time management, how I would handle a last minute request, and my attention to detail.

no negotiaion