RAND Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RAND Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RAND in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and received a call/phone screening from the Operations Manager the next day. The call was very casual and its purpose seemed mainly to confirm my interest/compatibility with the position. I was then requested to complete a skills exam, which tested clerical proofreading and familiarity with several Microsoft Office programs. After passing these I was offered a phone interview, which consisted of two 30-minute interviews, and was conducted about a week after my initial application. The final stages involved two 30-minute in-person interviews, and a background/reference check. I was offered the position about three weeks after submitting my application.

Interview Questions

• What would be your priorities in making travel arrangements for an employee?
    What would you do if two employees asked you to complete a task for the same deadline, which you wouldn't be able to meet?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RAND

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at RAND (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Difficult to coordinate everyone you need to interview with which can draw out the process. You speak with the hiring manager first and then he/she will coordinate interviews with everyone you will work. The interviews will be on separate days and many can be via the phone. Everyone I met with was extremely nice, despite being a high paced company everyone took their time with the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions you are asked for this type of position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RAND (Arlington, VA) in August 2010.

Interview

One primary interview, followed by three with researchers

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RAND (Arlington, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

I applied online in December 2008 and got a call from RAND in the spring of 2009. I was interviewed over the phone, then had to pass a computer-based test on my skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, typing, proofreading, etc. I passed and got a second call to come in for an interview. Three researchers interviewed me, each separately; all three of them were very enthusiastic and cordial. A few days later I got an offer which I couldn't refuse. RAND offers great benefits (health insurance, 15 vacation days a year, retirement plan) and has a very friendly work environment.