RAPP Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY).

Interview

Contacted quickly after submitting application online. Initial screening call with recruiter was shockingly short (10min) and led to a phone interview with head of department. When I got to the main phone interview, I was immediately informed the role required prior pharma experience--which was not mentioned any where in the job description nor brought up by the recruiter.

All said, it took almost two weeks to have two phone calls. Could've been easily avoided by either a clear job description or better communication between internal departments.

Senior Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was pretty smooth and informal type. Questions were generic and some challenging to solve design problem. Ended quick 3 hrs. After a group panel, I had a meeting with HR for detail benefits. There was a short design test completing within 1 hour duration.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY).

Interview

Just a basic background check talking about previous experiences and what you are interested in learning at RAPP and how you see yourself contributing to other interns. Super casual, all you have to do is be yourself and say that you know this and that about being in an advertisement atmosphere.

Decision Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY).

Interview

The HR contacted me and setup for an in-person interview directly. I had to ask him to setup a phone interview before. I met in person for about 2 hours and got the offer next day.

The interview was easy and shared my work experience.

Negotiation

I asked for more but it didn't work. I should have been a little more adamant.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was relatively simple and quick. I met with the HR manager, and then the department managers. It was only about 20 minutes, in total. The hiring process took a while, since they took forever to get back to me and respond as to whether I got the job or not

Interview Questions

• Nothing, really. They ask what you expect to get out of the internship, which is kind of difficult when you're not really sure what they have to offer and what you actually can get out of it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't really need to negotiate anything. They offered, I accepted.

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Skype phone call interview - very brief and relaxed, as they needed assistants right away for a particular project. I applied online and was contacted directly, and we set up the time / place for the call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience.   1 Answer

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Very laid back and conversational interviews with HR and three senior executives. The office environment felt a bit quiet, if not sleepy - perhaps because it was the morning. Typical interview questions revolved around discussing background, why the company, and why the position, and well as some case study-type questions to test how one thinks. Overall, interviewers were very friendly individuals who were nice to meet and gave a good impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in advertising?   Answer Question
    • If our client wanted to market [new product], how would you go about deciding the best way to approach the assignment?   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

You have to prove you have the credentials but you will also be challenged about your values and outlook. They want gifted but kind, humane people, so if you are 'jerk' inclined, don't go there. They will know...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

4 weeks

Account Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

RAPP came to my college to recruit, they brought an alum as well as the VP of hiring services. Initially they asked us to come with a presentation prepared about a brand that we had worked on. After this presentation, they asked me some questions about the brands that I had done work with and some technical aspects of the job.

Post this, I had 2 phone interviews with senior management - one VP and another Director. The HR person was great at keeping me in the loop, however, as soon as these 2 interviews were over, she fell off the planet and refused to keep in touch with me. I had no idea what had happened, if the job was still on the plate or not. A month later I let it go.

The experience was largely a negative one for me, since all the interviews went well, however HR didnt keep me in the loop about their plans. Additionally, they didnt give me any idea about how long the process would be, the number and kind of people involved, or any steps in the selection process.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RAPP (New York, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

First there was a phone call, calling me in to have the interview. I met with six or eight employees, all of which were from different departments. Most of them gave advice versus asking questions. It was very relaxed, didn't feel like an interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult team project you have endured?   Answer Question
    • What was the best experience you had in your internship?   Answer Question