RB Assistant Brand Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

3.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by online quantitative assessment and a first round phone interview with a current brand manager. Finals consisted of two group cases, one individual written case, and one standard one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why RB, Why CPG, How do you prioritize competing projects?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RB

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Online math test; two 1-1 in-person first round interviews with (a) someone from HR and (b) senior brand manager; then their "Graduate Assessment Day" which included an individual written case, a group case to present to managers, a negotiation simulation with part of a team, and a 1-1 behavioral interview.

The negotiation simulation was peculiar - you're put into groups of 4 people and you have to rank order some characteristics on your own only to then as a group decide the "ultimate ranking" for your team. There are about 3 RB employees sitting in the room taking notes on you, so it's kind of an odd activity. With the group case, again there are about 3 RB employees who take notes on you while you prep for your group presentation and watch everything you do. I think the written case and behavioral interview aspects are pretty typical and straightforward.

I was not a fan of this process, however, I will say that I think the interview process is very true to who RB is as a company. RB knows what it stands for and what it wants in employees, so if you like the interview experience then I think RB is a great fit for you (or if you're like me, this whole process solidifies that RB is not the right culture). It's not good or bad - it just is.

Interview Questions

• Why RB? (During the graduate day, a lot of questions I felt were more about proving my interest rather than demonstrating my knowledge or skills)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

The first round of interviews were via Skype. There were two interviews in this round, oen with an HR manager and one with a Senior Brand Manager. Most of the questions I got here were fit/behavioral questions. The next round of interviews were part of the Graduate Assessment Day. For this round, there were several group case interviews, one one-on-one interview, and some case write ups.

Interview Questions

• The relatively more difficult questions were the ones with the group case interview, where the questions were with regards to the specifics of brand management.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RB (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was first contacted by phone and asked a few basic questions like motivation for the job, past experience, my current job situation, by an HR manager.
    I was then contacted by email the next day to set up a time to come into the offices and meet the Brand Manager.
    The interview was 1:1, very friendly but high expectations.

Interview Questions

• - They focused a lot on my previous experience and went through an P&L statement exercise (study it!)   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RB (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on my school career site, and the RB website (do both). Applied In end of October, and was notified of an interview in first week of January. Interview was ~40 mins long, and it was all behavioral questions, and only one interviewer. There is only one round, and they let me know that I got the position in ~2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary not negotiable

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RB (Milan (Italy)) in March 2015.

Interview

A smooth, straight forward process, the company was always very quick to respond. I first applied online, then there was an online assessment before the invitation to the interview. The online assessment was via the SHL platform and consisted of numeric and logic reasoning. It was of average difficulty.Soon after that, I received a phone call inviting me to the interview which took place several days after the phone call. The interview was with an HR representative and a category manager. They were both very relaxed and nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• One hour interview, with very straight- forward questions such as strenghts, leadership experience, favourite brands, favourite advertisement, favourite RB brand (and why), why RB, why the role.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Ryde (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RB (West Ryde (Australia)).

Interview

Got contacted by recruiter
    Online numerical test
    Interview with HR manager and Senior Brand Manager

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RB (Lagos (Nigeria)) in May 2013.

Interview

There was an SHL test before, the interview..easy stuff. The interviewers were friendly and did their best to ease the tension.It was an assessment centre so they tested teamwork by having us work through problems in separate teams.

Interview Questions

• How do you maintain profits when production costs increase?   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at RB.

Interview

Application + an online test, then an interview with senior brand manager and an interview with HR

Interview Questions

• Just behavior questions, nothing difficult, except for that they repeated exactly the same questions for me for both interviews (which were on the same day)   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RB in December 2011.

Interview

The recruitment process involved four stages. It started with an online numerical test, after passing that, I had a 30 minute phone interview with the HR manager; which was basically an introduction to the company. For this stage of the interview I was asked to talk about myself and my experience with P&L statements. The next stage involved a 30 minute phone interview with one of the marketing directors. At this stage I was asked to expantiate on the content of my resume; for example I had written as an objective statement that I had "intuitive creativity", I was asked to give an example of how I displayed that trait. I was also asked questions that displayed some of my marketing knowledge; like "give the positioning statement of a brand you couldn't live without". The next stage was a Skype interview with another marketing director, this interview was initially supposed to be held in person at the New Jersey office, but because I was travelling on vacation within a very short time frame, the marketing director decided to hold the interview via Skype. This was an hour interview composed of multiple behavioral interview questions. I received a verbal offer for the position the next day. Overall the recruitment process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tellme how you deal with pressure   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you persuaded other people to do what you wanted   Answer Question
    • Tell me the positioning statement of a brand you couldn't live without   Answer Question