RB Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ | Glassdoor

RB Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ

Interviews at RB

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process took about one month. I was contacted by a recruiter regarding an ABM role open on one of the brands. After our initial call the recruiter set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. The call lasted about 45 minutes and I walked the hiring manager through my resume and role at my current job. The call went well and then I was scheduled for in-person interview about 4 weeks later. It was about a half-day of interviews. I met with 5 different people. The questions asked were mainly behavioral and about my marketing experience. Everyone was very friendly and gave honest & thorough feedback on the expectations of the role and the culture at RB.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a marketing campaign/brand that you like and explain why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my on campus portal originally and landed first-round interviews. The first round was two 45 minute skype interviews with Senior Brand Managers or Directors. After that I was invited to the final round in NJ. The final round had multiple portions including a group case, individual case, group activity and 1 on 1 behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Why RB, behavioral questions about previous experience, plenty of time for questions. Cases were mostly focused on margin optimization. In the group case you are presented with information then required to present recommendations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

Standard brand management interview. They were one of the few companies that actually wanted to know specific opinions about their own products (as opposed to other companies who wanted to just test general marketing knowledge). They wanted to know past experiences in cross-functional teams, analytical, innovation, handle conflict, etc. Nothing surprising.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a cross-functional team.   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Internal indication

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Remember to ask for flights back home (if you're a foreigner).
    Also, car and gas allowances are negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Online math test; two 1-1 in-person first round interviews with (a) someone from HR and (b) senior brand manager; then their "Graduate Assessment Day" which included an individual written case, a group case to present to managers, a negotiation simulation with part of a team, and a 1-1 behavioral interview.

The negotiation simulation was peculiar - you're put into groups of 4 people and you have to rank order some characteristics on your own only to then as a group decide the "ultimate ranking" for your team. There are about 3 RB employees sitting in the room taking notes on you, so it's kind of an odd activity. With the group case, again there are about 3 RB employees who take notes on you while you prep for your group presentation and watch everything you do. I think the written case and behavioral interview aspects are pretty typical and straightforward.

I was not a fan of this process, however, I will say that I think the interview process is very true to who RB is as a company. RB knows what it stands for and what it wants in employees, so if you like the interview experience then I think RB is a great fit for you (or if you're like me, this whole process solidifies that RB is not the right culture). It's not good or bad - it just is.

Interview Questions

• Why RB? (During the graduate day, a lot of questions I felt were more about proving my interest rather than demonstrating my knowledge or skills)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

The first round of interviews were via Skype. There were two interviews in this round, oen with an HR manager and one with a Senior Brand Manager. Most of the questions I got here were fit/behavioral questions. The next round of interviews were part of the Graduate Assessment Day. For this round, there were several group case interviews, one one-on-one interview, and some case write ups.

Interview Questions

• The relatively more difficult questions were the ones with the group case interview, where the questions were with regards to the specifics of brand management.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by online quantitative assessment and a first round phone interview with a current brand manager. Finals consisted of two group cases, one individual written case, and one standard one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• Why RB, Why CPG, How do you prioritize competing projects?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

Took an online assessment on math/analytical skills. Passed that, then went on to a phone interview a month later. Got invited to their Graduate Assessment Day in New Jersey where it had a group case interview, an individual case interview that was written, another group case interview and an individual interview. All the case interviews were supervised by the panel of senior leadership. It was very tiring. Even in the introduction to the company, this very off-putting HR woman went on a spiel about how many people failed at RB and how a lot of people aren't successful. Ultimately didn't get the role because of a question of passion for the CPG industry, so make sure you show you're passionate about the industry as a whole, not just RB. Overall it didn't seem like a pleasant place to work to be honest, and pales in comparison to other Grad Assessment days, which actually try to sell you on the company a little. The staff seemed very mean, cold, and problematic and coupled the bad reviews I saw on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to do the right thing   1 Answer

Accounts Payable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2014.

Interview

Simple process, met with team member and department supervisor. Following the interview I received a call from the department manager offering me the position and asking me to come back the next day to sign HR paperwork and to complete a drug test. Overall excellent process.

Supply Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

Behavioral questions...what if?.focus on people management, on past experience and how to apply it to current Rb 's issues...the process lasted for about 2months and got interviewed by 6 people overall. Rb wants to know what makes you different as a candidate, be ready to answe that question