RBC Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.9

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

So it started with a call from HR and a phone interview that lasted for an hour.
All situational and basic interview questions were asked.
If you are selected you go for in person interview at your respective branch.
Almost same questions were repeated again and it's just the confidence that you have to show in interview and everything went good you are selected.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RBC

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

there was a phone screening interview and an in person interview with two branch managers. The phone interview was with a campus recruiter. All the questions in the phone interview were behavioral questions. It will be better to use STAR template to give the answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RBC (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Standard 2 tiered interview process; Phone Screening with recruiter, then in-person interview with 2 branch managers. All persons involved were very warm and welcoming, and because of the salespro profile I completed prior to the interviews, that they actually reviewed prior to speaking with me, they had a good sense of who I was and where to target their questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions are behavior based, and focus primarily on fit and future potential   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RBC (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

1st Interview on the phone, said they would get back to me within two weeks and Im still waiting to hear back from them. Initially I applied online and had to do a personality questionnaire and then they called me about 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• Outside of meeting with 5 clients a day, what do you think you would be doing when not in meetings?
      Why RBC?
      What will you be bringing to RBC from your previous job?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

phone interview: more than 20 questions (behavior questions + customer services + sales)
    the attitude of the interviewer was not professional, keep stopping me when I was answering me the questions. took 10 days to get a reply from the interviewer and transfer me to the other position
    what if a customer resist to a product?
    What do you like about your previous job?
    how do you sell a product?
    how do you meet the target?

Interview Questions

• how do you sell a product?
      how do you meet the target?
      what if a customer resist to a product?
      What do you like about your previous job?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in St. John's, NL (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RBC (St. John's, NL (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online for rbc's in career event. I was contacted by somebody to find out around what time I would like to come in. I was interviewed the first day one on one to profile my talents and then called back for a second interview by a panel of three. I also received an online self assessment.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time you went above and beyond in giving customer service.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Heard about the position at a job fair and emailed the recruiter. She set up a phone interview for the following week. Standard behavioral questions with a focus on the sales aspect and experience therein. Was told I would be followed up with within ten business days. Still waiting on the follow-up.

Interview Questions

• What is a goal that you set for yourself and describe how you went about accomplishing that goal   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Kitchener, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Started with a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes- asked basic questions about my employment background and skills. Was told I would get a call back within 7-10 days. After nearly 3 weeks I called to follow up with them.
    Then I got an in person interview with 2 managers. Interview was sales based. Nothing too difficult. She said she would email later that same day so I had her contact information - she didn't. She told me I would hear from her by the end of the week - no call. I followed up mid week the following week and was given another date she would call me by - again, not call.
    If they can't follow through with a phone call commitment how will they follow though on development and work requirements??

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Very easy, no technicality ever. Just the Sales Process and the Sales Push cultures, amazing.
    Problem is management does not possess any technicality in investment and they only the sales process

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with HR department.

Questions were pretty straightforward and most of them were behavioral questions.
    It was a phone interview.
    Second round with a Branch Manager where you work with..This one was easier than the first interview.