RBC Bearings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RBC Bearings Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.9

Mechanical Engineering Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RBC Bearings.

Interview

Had a brief interview. It was just a rundown of your resume and qualifications and how you answer to see if you fit in their company and was followed by a tour around the production floor

MET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

I handed in my resume during my school's career fair, and got an email inviting me for an interview about 2-3 weeks later. Scheduled an interview for the following week. Did not get a call back for my second interview. The interview were just comprised of questions about my resume/experience and why I made the decisions I made.

Chemical Engineer - API Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Oxford, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

basic interview, showed me around the plant , simple questions, met with several managers, everyone was very nice. Had several projects for me to get started on had they put me on. Very manufacturing oriented position. First started with a simple phone interview, asked me about the things I put on my resume. The next day I was scheduled for an interview for a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an over-zealous employee under you?   Answer Question

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Fairfield, CT).

Interview

Applied online, I received a call from HR saying that my resume was very interesting and they had to call me back again to arrange an interview in person. After many follow up emails, they arranged an appointment. I met the HR Manager and the Hiring Manager. They went through my resume and asked some easy questions. Last question was about the salary and I expressed my salary requirements. They said that my salary requirement was impossible and they knew that with their budget the could get just entry-level. Why did they call me????

Interview Questions

• From 1 to 10 how much are you interested in this job?   1 Answer
    • What are you salary requirements?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Dominguez, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Rancho Dominguez, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a brief interview. It was more of a get-to-know interview. He started off asking basic questions about myself and why I'm interested. Afterwards, I was asked a couple questions regarding design and manufacture engineering. It was a very simply and quick interview.

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Compton, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

2 interviews. The first interview you talk with the manager and are showed around the factory. Second interview is with who you will be working under.

Manufacturing Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Hartford, CT) in February 2013.

Interview

Simple laid back interview, composed of mostly behavioral questions.

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Met with regional sales manager and discussed the position and my background. Things went well so he set up a series of interviews with various managers at the home office in CT. there met with HR Vice president, Quality Team Lead, US sales manager, and an HR behavior specialist. The first three were typical, the HR specialist gave me a behavioral interview that lasted over 2 hours and required job specific examples to back up any answers. I believe the approach is beneficial if not taken out of context, however, I believe that is what happened. Any negative comments were obviously taken from my responses to the specialist. I believe the company puts too much emphasis on extrapolations on future behavior based on a single persons opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest weakness   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to achieve your goal   1 Answer

Entry Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC Bearings (Trenton, NJ) in March 2011.

Interview

First, a 1 on 1 interview was conducted with an HR rep. Typical questions were asked, why did you choose this profession, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.
    Then, two engineering managers interviewed, describing what type of work is done at RBC. They went into more detail about prior work experience to really see how it could help it the open position.
    Then a group of 3 or 4 staff engineers came in, asking questions about the classes that I had taken. They also asked about current event stuff.
    A new group of 3 or four engineers took a tour of the facility, and went into further detail on what work would be like at RBC.

Everything took about two hours, which is pretty long. It was kind of intimidating when different groups of people were being shuffled in and out.

Interview Questions

• What do you think has the most promising future in the energy field???   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer a team environment or working individually???   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC Bearings in July 2011.

Interview

One on one interview with an HR rep. Typical first interview questions (tell me about yourself, what's your greatest strength/weakness, etc.). Seemed to have a negative opinion right off the bat by questioning my college choice (a UC school which doesn't have as much "hands-on" learning as they would like) among other things, but I think that was more to see how I would respond to criticism. Overall there were 6 people who were brought in to interview for one position, and I was told that there were other more qualified candidates.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the world, regardless of pay, what would it be and why?   Answer Question