RBC Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RBC Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

This is for an internship position. I applied in February and received an email from a recruiter about two weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. I didn't need a phone interview which was nice. I met with 3 people consisting of a recruiter, an Application Manager, and a Business Analyst manager. Interview was about 30 minutes long. It was pretty easy going since you get to pick the roles you are interested in from a list of IT internship positions that they have available which you would then be asked questions relating to the role(s) along with some general behavioral questions. Questions were not really technical but were about your interest in the role, current soft/IT skills, and past/current experiences and projects.

Overall, they are just looking for your passion in the role(s) that you are interested in. One big tip: practice technical and soft skill questions related to the IT position you are interested in along with general behavioral teamwork questions. Show up 15 minutes early and don't use your phone while waiting in the lobby! The business analyst manager walked by me and saw that I came in early and that i didn't use my phone which is what helped me get the offer. I didn't even know she was one of the managers interviewing me when i saw her walking by! Better to be safe because you don't know who's watching you! Every small thing matters! Also, ask for business cards and send thank you emails to everyone in the interview! Show passion by going into specifics when given the chance but not too much or off tangent!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were given a broad set of requirements that you could have gone either way with and what did you do?

What are you looking to get out of this internship?

Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult person in a team and how did you work through that?

What can you bring into the company?

Other Interview Reviews for RBC

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBC in March 2014.

Interview

It was really easy. Asked a few consulting-like estimation questions. How many flights leave the world?
    How many swimming pools are in province?
    More conversation-like and asked about my background.
    Phone interview with HR followed by another phone interview with HR followed by in-person first round and then in-person group second round.

Interview Questions

• How many flights leave the world?
      How many swimming pools are in province?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was 5 rounds. They asked product based questions as well and personality type questions. The interview was fair overall. The role they were looking for was just to have someone show up, do their work, not voice their opinion and go home. They did not encourage thinking outside of the box

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

very easy going interview
    looking for fit and asked a lot of behavioural questions
    few technical questions
    overall a good experience, interview was well informed and asked good questions
    non-stressful, laid back interview, met with one person than met with 3 people who were all my immediate supervisors

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here? what are you passionate about? why are you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC in October 2014.

Interview

First round is two on campus interviews with 2 managers. One is behavioural and the other is Case Interview. The Case interview is what really matters for progression. Second round is on site interviews with two VPs. Again, one is behavoural and the other is Case Interview. Make sure to be well prepared for business Cases

Interview Questions

• Solve an analytical case regarding the launching of a new product   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Contacted the hiring manager directly, then she emailed me for a interview at its office. He informed me that it will be an group interview and did not mention anything else. The group interveiw starts as everyone introduce themselves. And then the hiring staffs are introducing the program that is currently on-going at the office and what they expect us to do. Then they throw some question and ask us to discuss as a group.

Interview Questions

• It is a group interview, the question is too big to answer. Example questions are what events do you think significantly affects economics currently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus and had 2 rounds of interviews with 2 interviews each round. 1 behavioural and 1 case interview per round. Individuals I met were great and made the interview setting extremely comfortable. A week after the first interview, got a callback for a 2nd interview. This was with more senior executives but same structure. Again, people were great. Got a chance to meet some junior staff when I came to the office.

Interview Questions

• 2 Business Cases, not very difficult - very much in line with a typical "case".
      Few technical questions that caught me off guard.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was possible - salary was above what I expected so I focused on negotiating start date instead. Very flexible group.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

- I had the interview with one director, one manager and one current employee
    - it was a 60 min interview and it was pretty long
    - There are scenario questions, and questions based on your skills, past experiences
    - Just like other typical job interviews

Interview Questions

• - Knowledge on business analysis role
      - Viso, Excel skills
      - Project Management Cycle

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me directly. There were 2 interviews in total, first with the hiring manager and another manager on the same team, and the second with a VP.

The people I met were very friendly and cracked jokes in the interview. They were also very informative about the job position and skill requirements. Most of the questions asked were about my experiences and how it fits with the job, and whether I've done those things before - nothing too unexpected. They were also very happy to answer my questions. I felt like they were genuinely interested in me and how I can contribute.

The interview with the VP was more about fit and personality, and explaining again why I think I am a good fit for the job. We talked about a lot of different topics other than the job requirements as well.

I was called a week later and got the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary expectation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Compensation was very good and higher than expected, so no negotiation was required.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Behavioural interview with HR recruiter first and then, after being short-listed, a one-on-one interview with hiring manager. The in-person interview questions was also behavioural, so be prepared with answers providing specific examples of how you demonstrated a certain skill, ability, or dealt with a specific situation (positive and negative experiences). The hiring manager didn't seem too prepared for the interview (some questions seemed as though they were thought up on the spot). Fair questions, the usual "Tell me about a time when you did....". Time was provided also for questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle dealing with people with differing perspectives?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer