RBC Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RBC Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

It was pretty easy. First had to answer questions about the type of person I am and then I had to answer questions about my qualifications. Not as intimidating as other interviews I've experienced

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RBC

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me claiming someone gave her my resume. I had applied for a local customer service representative a full 2 years prior, they had a very outdated resume on file.
    I ASKED the recruiter what position I was filling out an assessment for but she would not tell me, only that the assessment was the first step in the recruitment process.
    I filled out the assessment anyways and heard back a week later about setting up an interview. Turns out the position was an OUT OF TOWN customer service rep job... I am very overqualified for this and not willing to uproot my life.
    Very inconsiderate of my time and very unprofessional; all they had to do was inform me of what position I was being considered for. Very clear no one looked at my 2 year old resume, no one cared enough to tell me about the position, and no one bothered to ask for an updated version.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Applied online and within a week I had a call. Had a lengthy phone interview with recruiter. Normal behavioural questions. Then went into the branch and had quick interview there and was offered contract position, but they were so short staffed I was never not full time!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Pretty easy process, first they give you an online questionnaire containing around 100 questions, which is followed up by a assessment similar to the work you'll be doing. Followed by an over the phone interview. Expect to answer similar questions mostly behavioural.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (London, ON (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a email from RBC to ask me to have an telephone interview one week after I applied online. They asked some basic questions and behavior questions. Not really difficult. I passed the telephone interview and they asked me to enter a group interview in the branch with the branch manager and the customer service manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience about customer service.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you meet challenge when you try to reach a goal?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RBC (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

The phone interview lasted approximately 20 minutes, the questions were about the posting job, company, benefits and a lot behavioral questions. I felt uneasy as this was my very first phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself....
      Why did you leave your last job?
      What are your strengths?
      Why are you interested in our company?
      What are your salary requirements?
      How is this salary range compare to your previous job?
      What aspects of your last job did you consider most crucial?
      1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and received emails from HR after 3 weeks to confirm some information, also took an online Questionaire survey. 3-4 weeks later I got a phone call interview, now still waiting for furthers interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview from RBC regarding the CSR position. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes. First the interviewer asked me some basic q's about myself, work schedule, mobility, work authority etc. And then she asked some behavioural questions regarding customer services experience

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time that you have successfully identified customer needs?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Got an interview after 6 months and 3 employees referrals.
    Finally i received two email, one with the assessment test and another one with 3 questions : 1choice of a market (mobility preference);
    2 training and placement availability;
    3languages you are fluent in.
    After one week i received a call from HR to set up a phone interview.The following day finally after 6 months i hoped,i received that call..but the experience was very negative and the outcome unexpected.
    The first thing she said was "i'm on late today so it will be a very fast interview"..then she was very rude and she often interrupted me correcting my accent and words pronunciation.(I came to canada 2 years ago maybe i don't have a perfect english but i have all the skills and experience to succeed as csr)anyway I felt very bad and uncomfortable..she didn't like me without a real reason..She only interrupted me repeatedly with annoyed tone.She ask me inappropriate things like sell me something on the phone without a clear question and everything was very confusing.Then she became angry because of my answer that was too exhaustive and every time a finished to speak she said that i did'nt get the question and when i said "i'm sorry can i give you another example" she said" no!You have just one chance!" .
    The point is: if you don't like me as candidate is fine but don't humiliate me!Just don't give me the job!You don't need to make me feel like that.
    I was surprising because i also thought that RBC was famous for integrity and diversity..
    I was too good with her.I did'nt say anything wrong but she deserved it...I also said thanks to her at the end of that nightmare.
    The funny thing is that last week i had the same interview with others 2 big banks (without any referrals)that immediately at the end of the phone interview scheduled me a face to face interview with the branch manager...so..the problem was not mine ..

Interview Questions

• reasons and details why you finished all your last work experiences.
      Seel me something.
      strengths
      sales target (3 questions)
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online,received the assesment thru my email and after a week i had a phone call from
    The conpany and schedule a phone interview.averything went fine and in a few days they schedule my one to one interview.hope i will receive an offer.