RBC Low Latency Unix/Linux Technical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at RBC

1 Interview Review

Low Latency Unix/Linux Technical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I had to interview twice with RBC Capital Markets for a job in the UNIX engineering department. The first interview included a written questionnaire as well as an interview with a team. Then came a series of one on one interviews with various members of the team, from consultants to managers. This closed the first round of interviews.

I had to visit for a second round of interviews with the business unit or customer for the UNIX engineering group I was interviewing with. This interview with a lot more technical and I felt like the interviewers had attitude and a little of a superiority complex. They asked a lot of conceptual questions as well as pretty deep technical questions with regards to performance and low latency.

Interview Questions

• How do you find what remote hosts connect to a server on a specific port   1 Answer
  • What do your know about the Linux real-time Kernel (RTLinux)   Answer Question