RBC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.8

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was fine, very professional, i really have no complaints. The questions were standard. Knowing what you are talking about is important, and so it being able to write.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

The format was an on campus interview. Based on talking to others most people had behavioral interviews. My interviewer focused (a bit too much in my opinion) on technicals. Overall straight forward process came back with results of the interview quickly. Employees were helpful throughout the application process, but in the end not a good fit for me personally.

Interview Questions

• DCF, accounting statements, walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and through career center, met people at a school event prior to applying which helped. Stayed in touch with them and got the interview about 2 weeks later. Interviewer was someone from my school and asked mostly fit/behavioral with some technicals sprinkled throughout. Questions ranged in difficulty and it seemed like they were mostly looking for the general concepts to show you knew what you were talking about. The entire call was around 40-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why IB/Background
      Why RBC
      Walk me through resume
      Different ways to value a company
      Explain how depreciation flows through the 3 statements
      What do you want to learn here by the end of the summer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC (Ithaca, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Very conversational behavioral interview with nothing technical. Discussed role of the intern and the interviewer's jobs as well. Pretty simple, just know facts about the company and the specific internship you are applying for. This position was for the global markets analyst for RBC Capital Markets. Just be ready to talk about your resume and why you want to work at RBC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two people. They asked me typical behavioral questions and two brain teaser questions. They also asked me what's going on in the markets and why I would want to go into municipal finance.

Summer Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through on campus recruiting. Heard back 2 weeks later, scheduled a first round phone interview with a current analyst. Was told they would reach out to me either way in 2 weeks, never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Link the 3 financial statements. What does an investment bank do?   Answer Question

Global Investment Banking, Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screening where he called me and asked me to walk him through my educational background and prior work experience and how it made me a good candidate for the finance industry. Then we moved on to talking about why I would specifically want to work with RBC as opposed to another company, and then also we moved to some techicals.

Client Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an email with a week to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was not very relevant to the position. I did not hear back from the company again.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC.

Interview

Phone interview with HR.
    Then I was contacted a week later to schedule to do in person interview with the hiring manager. One week later, I was invited for 2nd interview with the teammates. One week later, I got a call from HR that they want to offer me the position. The interviews were fairly easy. Just be yourself and they'll like you.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RBC (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

There were multiple interviews that I needed to go to, including a case study that needed to be completed independently. The case study had 2 parts, and it was handed in at the end of the 2nd interview.