RBC Interview Questions in Montreal, QC | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 7, 2017

2.7

Sales and Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Got referred from a family member, interview was friendly and professional.
    Super friendly and welcoming staff. Interview was one on one, with most of the same questions as the phone interview, overall great experience!

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      Why Customer Service?
      What is Excellent Customer Service?
      Why RBC?
      What are your goals for the future?
      What do you think might be the biggest challenge in this position?
      Answer Question

Small Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview took place at a coffee shop (instant stress reducer) with 3 other people (2 managers & 1 current employee, which was great because I got to ask him several questions regarding the role i was interview for). Lasted over 1 hour with a series of questions that really felt like an open discussion rather than an interview process. It was serious business talk but at the same time laid back as I wanted to make sure they could get a real sense of who I really am as a person. At the end of the interview, i made sure to ask what I should expect going forward. A good example to that question would be: what are the next steps in your hiring process?

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in 10 years   1 Answer

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got an email to fill out a personal assessment test. After that was completed, I got a first call to get some basic information and scheduled a phone interview for two days later. I was asked some basic customer service questions as well and went over my resume with the interviewer. She then told me I passed and scheduled another interview at the branch. There, I had two interviewers who were very courteous! That interview was mostly behavioral, potential situations type questions. Everything went well and it took a month.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to an unsastifed client, asking you questions that you don't know the answer to?   Answer Question
    • What made you want to work the position at RBC?   Answer Question
    • How would your previous employer/colleagues describe you?   Answer Question

Bank Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

quite easy, many questions on examples on job, what would you do etc. 2 people interview, overall if you know how to talk and have experience in retail you will do well during the interview.

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Laurent, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC (Saint-Laurent, QC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

quite relax process, the interviewer put the candidate at ease from the beginning. It came from a recommendation and was invited to the interview almost in a rushed process. By the time I had advised my superior which they were not keep on my passing the interview, I figured it was not going to happen. the next day I was surprised to see an invitation to the interview. There was not much time to prepare

Interview Questions

• Why should I chose you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your History at RBC   1 Answer

Account Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Very simple and straightforward especially if you have a referral from someone who is already working there. One on one interview with the manager and get to see the work environment. Questions are more personality based to get to know your background and interests. If you are over-qualified there aren't any technical questions, but I do not know what the case would be if not over-qualified.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none because the salary is fixed for all employees in this position.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after a few weeks I received an email asking me to do an online test

took a test online then a phone interview,

the online test was kind of long with some repetitive questions

but in general was fairly easy and not complicated.

Interview Questions

• questions related to my personality
      questions related to bank operations
      questions related to my past experiences
      questions related to my reactions to different situations
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied to the collection department. It is a long process mostly when we are applying from within the bank. I met 2 recruiters but I was not given a detailed explanation of why I was not hired.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and live situations.   1 Answer

Financial Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cornwall, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Cornwall, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Lots of behavioural questions including some role play. Other than that they are mainly looking at your experience with regards to sales and how comfortable you are at selling anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult time and how you overcame it? Sell my one of theses pen (role play)?   Answer Question

Banking Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

it was great and she asked about my work experience, i had a phone interview for 30 minutes after that she set another interview with 3 manager in 2 weeks later, she asked about my language skills, and both interview was really friendly and i got the job offer.