RBC Relationship Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RBC Relationship Banker Interview Questions

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RBC (Raleigh, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter followed by a personality/aptitude test. Face-to-face interviews with multiple pairs of individuals. All were fairly straight-forward and I got the sense that they mostly wanted me to demonstrate my desire to be in the financial industry and wanted to flush out any potential problems I would have in the role.

Interview Questions

• Why the financial industry?   1 Answer
  • Describe a time you had to deal with an upset client.   1 Answer

I don't want to be a Relationship Banker.

Other Interview Reviews for RBC

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBC in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and the interview consisted of a phone interview, followed by a 1:1 interview with the branch manager and finally a group/panel interview 3:1. Each interview lasted approximately 30 minutes.

Some of the questions asked were:
    Tell me about yourself.
    Why RBC. What do you know about RBC.
    Why banking.
    What is the extent of your sales experience and how do you intend to generate sales.
    How do you respond to a negative reaction from a customer.

I have prior years experience in banking and related fields focusing mainly on customer service, supervisory and office management. I gathered from the group/panel interview that they were looking for someone with heavy, proven sales experience.

Interview Questions

• I did not find that the questions were really difficult or unexpected. I was a little intimidated by the group/panel interview, this was my first experience.   Answer Question