RBC Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 27, 2017

2.7

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Got an interview because I got an internal referral first. Questions were pretty behavioral. Phone interview first and a formal interview came later. Since I was just a freshman, interviewer did not ask too much.

Technical Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Initially referred by an employee who knew they were hiring. I then provided a resume and cover letter - but ultimately I had to apply through website. Interview was one-on-one in person with hiring manager then additional phone interview with HR followed by security/credit checks.

Interview Questions

• If you came to a client (in our case this means a banker with a technology problem) who had an issue, and you didn't know what the problem was... how would you go about resolving the issue? How would you keep the client calm?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st interview was via phone with a recruiter. It lasted 1hr 15 minutes. They asked a lot of questions about my background, previous experience. I had to confirm my education, and she described the duties and expectations of the job. I was told this position is a Senior position, and you are provided a business plan and expected to begin it immediatley. 12 weeks of training, and they want you to bring a network of people with you. They are interested in your connections in the community and who you network too. E.G. Lawyers, real estate, business people etc. I've been short listed for an interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a network of clients to bring with you to your new position?   1 Answer

Banking Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a Recruiter. Process took 4+ weeks. First interview was Telephonic at the end of which the recruiter told me she would get in touch with me the following week to set up a time for the interview with the hiring manager. Still waiting for the recruiter to get back to me.

Senior Account Manager, Business and Personal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Professional, polite, polite, a panel interview, which was unexpected, friendly, but so much as to relax me too much. The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog in the warm mid-afternoon sunshine.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what this job does?   1 Answer

Equity Research Co Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

consisted of 2 interviews, first had technicals and behaviourals. Round 2 was computer based and tested writing skills as well as excel. After this there was another phone interview which was all to gauge fit.

Senior Account Manager, Business and Personal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Took a few weeks, had a phone and panel interview. You have to know your stuff, take the time to meet with employees, know about the job, and learn about what the company is looking for.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions and then probe deeper. Nothing out of the ordinary, but you need to be prepared, RBC is thorough!   1 Answer

RBC Banking Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was working as a Client Advisor. I was one of the best in BC and Canada and I got a chance to apply for the Banking Advisor position. I have payed similar roles in other country and it was easy because of my experiences. I was told about the process and that I could negotiate my salary, which did not happen.

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview 1 month after my application. I had the interview with two managers. They were nice and did their best to put me at ease. It was a good conversation. They asked some questions and explained what the job is all about. I was asked that I had to open at least a checquing account with them if I work there. That i will get a call in 5 days to know if i got accepted or not.

I had a call 4 days after telling me i got the job and to proceed with the background,credit,and reference checks.

Interview Questions

• - 3 strengths in 1 word only.
      -weakness
      -why work at RBC

Behavioral Question.
      -when I received a service from someone who went above and beyond.
      -how I dealt with an irate customer or any other irate person.
      Answer Question

Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for interview within 2 days. Two managers, one is friendly and another one is aggressive. I think they want to see how you react under pressure. They asked me want for the result and if I pass this interview, there will be one more round with two other managers.