RCLCO Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

3.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RCLCO.

Interview

Applied online with resume and cover letter. Was contacted to send undergraduate transcript and a writing sample and to complete an online web quiz. The quiz was as they described, a mix of 5 qualitative and quantitative real estate questions. I was then contacted to do a phone interview which consisted of experience and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked together in a group and what was your role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RCLCO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RCLCO (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was asked the next day to take an online skills assessment. The questions asked in the assessment were exactly in line with those described in other interview descriptions on this site. The next day I was contacted to have a phone interview. The phone interview was 100% experience and personality questions. The day after the phone interview I was invited to the DC office for an in person interview. The interview in DC consisted of a 1-2 hour long conversation with 2 managers + 2 more managers conferenced in. They asked very detailed questions about my resume and experience. The case study question was difficult. After 3 weeks I was asked to do another 1 hour long phone call with another manager. This phone call consisted of more experience questions and another case study question. 3 weeks later I was informed that I was not going to be receiving an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at RCLCO (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by an interview with executives in one of their offices. There was also an online technical skills quiz to start the process. The quiz was very simple and only 5 or 6 questions. Most of the process was about personality and culture fit as they have a fairly extensive training program to teach you any skills you're missing.

Interview Questions

• General personality questions. A lot of confirming that you are interested in the type of work they do (case studies).   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

After an initial on-campus interview I was asked to fill out a web quiz online. Then I was brought into the office to meet a number of different directors and also had a skype interview with the CEO.

Associate Interview

Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at RCLCO in June 2013. Basic mortgage and annuity questions, finance based. There was an online test before which had basic yet challenging real estate questions and economics.

Interview Questions

• Had 5 interviews in the office lasting 3 hours. Very dull office building, people seemed stressed and relatively unhappy to be there. Good pay though so that could explain the long hours   Answer Question

I had another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RCLCO (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted promptly for a phone interview. Following that had a final Skype interview with 4 employees. Overall a very efficient, friendly and transparent process. The office manager who scheduled all of my interviews responded to all of my emails promptly and was very helpful.
    The only negative was that I didn't appreciate being asked for (and having to contact) my references when it was fairly clear they had already made a hiring decision based on the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Very brief qualitative/quantitative case questions in phone interview and online. Quite easy if you have worked in real estate (or related before). Simple math generally. Technical questions included compare real estate data from various cities and make a recommendation, and floor-area-ratio calculations.
      Standard interview questions in Skype interview: describe a time you worked in a team, describe analysis you undertook, describe something you worked on that you're proud of.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RCLCO.

Interview

1) Quantitative test (via Excel)
    2) Phone-screening
    3) On-site, "Round Robin" style interview
    4) Skype interview with CEO

Interview Questions

• No questions were entirely unexpected. First two rounds involved some quantitative analysis, and last two rounds focused mainly on culture and fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very honest, fair, and straight-forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at RCLCO (Orlando, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process took some time with 3 rescheduled interviews. There is a phone interview, online quiz, and an interview with rotating members of the office. You coordinate with the hiring manager who may not be in your physical location

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical Questions regarding steps taken with a client. Example: A developer is looking to build a 400 unit condominium in a retirement community, what are the first metrics you look at"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RCLCO.

Interview

The interview process consisted of three steps for me. First, I had an on-campus interview with two senior level people. It was mostly behavioral; they asked about my experience, my interests, my thoughts on real estate, ect. About a week later, I was given a five question online web quiz, which tested quantitative and qualitative abilities. I didn't think it was too difficult, but I guess a lot of people are eliminated at this level, so make sure you really check your answers. A bit later I was asked to come in for a final day of interviews. I had about four interviews, each maybe 30-45 minutes. Three of them had more than one interviewer, and the fourth was a one-on-one with the CEO.

Note: There were some problems with my emails making it through the company's server, and for a while they thought I was just being unresponsive. If you don't hear back, be persistent until you get a response.

Interview Questions

• The whole interview with the CEO. He asked lots of difficult personality questions in rapid succession.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. As an senior in college, you don't have much leverage. That being said, my starting salary was good, I have no complaints.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RCLCO in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a week later for an online web quiz composed of quantitative and real estate questions. After that was a phone interview that was very real estate focused. If you are interested in this position be ready to answer

Interview Questions

I realized I am interested in economic analysis but not to do with real estate.