REI Interview Questions in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at REI (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online about 10 days before the interview. Got invited to the job fair/ group interview the next day. When I got there, I met the managers, and went through what working for REI is like. Then they asked a few questions (listed below) to answer in groups of 5. We got 6 minutes for each question, and while each group was discussing among themselves, the mangers went around to see who had the best teambuilding skills, people skills, and how we handled the questions being asked. Fun process but I was a bit stressed due to it being my first group interview.

Interview Questions

• What does great customer service look like?   Answer Question
    • *shows REI mission statement on big piece of paper
      What does the mission statement mean to you?   Answer Question
    • A customer comes in looking for clothing, and they are brand new to camping. What steps do you take to get them outfitted?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at REI (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

They group interview about 20-30 people and they hire around 10. Typically they do group activities to narrow down who would be a "team player" in the store. After the interview you will basically already know if you are going to be hired or not. They show a presentation at the beginning to let everyone know what the company is about.

Interview Questions