REI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.5

Report Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at REI (Bellevue, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Good! Manager is very nice. I applied through a recruiter. He introduced the position. then ask some questions such as behavior question and which location you prefer, what else you want to know

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI (Anchorage, AK) in August 2016.

Interview

Two managers follow a list of written questions, taking turns, and writing down the highlights of applicants answers.It was formulaic and, honestly, kind of amateurish, but it got the job done, and gathered the information the management team will need to make a decision. They were hiring internally only for these positions, as is often the case. It can be helpful to get any job with REI, even if it isn't your dream job, so you have access to internal job ads. They had 7 applicants for 5 available sales lead positions, so the bar was not that high to get an offer. I just had to be better than the two worst candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one time you provided exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at REI (Tacoma, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email shortly after submitting my application saying that I would be receiving a second email with a link to complete an online interview. The email had instructions on how to access the interview, and tips for setting everything up. Once I signed in to the interview website it has practice questions so you can make sure your video and audio settings are working correctly. Once you start the interview you're given a question and about 3 minutes to record your answer. There's a mix of answering typical interview questions and answering a mock customer question, as well as a few multiple choice questions. They also ask you to write in your schedule availability based on the "blocks" they use for scheduling.

Technical Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at REI (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Sent in an application, got a call for an interview, went in and they offered me a job at the end of the interview. It may have been a bit easier since I had some experience, said I could learn quickly, and they were all making up the hours a recently departed employee had vacated.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with bikes, skis, and/or snowboards?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. The hourly rate was posted alongside the description

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at REI (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with a manager. The second interview was in person with two managers in store. Be prepared to talk about your experiences outdoors and also be familiar with REI's company culture. The reason I want to work for REI is because....

Interview Questions

• Basic questions to get to know you as a person, accomplishments, weaknesses, and long term goals.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at REI (Kent, WA).

Interview

What a waste of time. Based on the questions for yoru profile, had HR checked, they would have found out my minimum salary requirements and saved us all a lot of time. My fault also, I assumed they had read my REI profile. Definitely not a good experience

Interview Questions

• What incident did you have to deal with that made you a bit uncomfortable.?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Short phone call then invited for in store interview with manager. Asked why rei. Talked schedule and availability and training. Discussed minimum and maximum hours to work. Overall a great short and sweet interview that ended with an in person interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very laid back and easy. There was a group interview with about ten other people, which included talking through personal experience with the outdoors and the company values. I heard back in less than a week.

Retail Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI (Yonkers, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

My interview process entailed a conversation with the store manager. I was asked about my familiarity with the outdoors, why I thought I would be a good fit at REI, and so on. It was a very casual conversation, on the friendlier side as opposed to a business/professional relationship. That relationship is, more or less, maintained now as an employee.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite outdoor activity?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at REI.

Interview

Group interview. You have to get in groups and introduce your group mates to all the interviewers. One question was how good customer service can be archived and what good customer service means.