REI Systems Interview Questions in Herndon, VA | Glassdoor

REI Systems Interview Questions in Herndon, VA

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Hiring manager was too busy to receive (understandable). Made me wait for a long time. Two people showed up after a long time, interviewed and asked me to wait for the hiring manager. Again the gentleman doesn't show up. I wait until the receptionist suggest me that it is way past office time. Finally I leave around 8 PM on my commute back (Out of town 4 hours commute). No respect for a job applicant.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

REI sys is a growing company in the area. They seem to have a good process in place as far as recruitment is concerned. What I did not like was the amount of time they take between each communication. It feels like forever. It could be a result of a heavy volume of applications but from a candidate's perspective, it's a painful wait. Advice for REI is to somehow speed up the process. Advice for candidates is to just be patient and don't rule out anything just because they did not get back quickly.

Interview Questions

• If an employee in your team is lacking motivation, how would you address that?   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a staffing recruiter who was very pleasant through the whole process. The recruiter forwarded my resume to REISystems who was immediately interested and called the recruiter back to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well and they setup an in-person interview for the next week. The In-person interview only lasted about 30 mins which consisted of mostly scenario questions and there was very little feedback and an overall lack of enthusiasm on their part.. a few days later the recruiter said they didn't want to move forward.

Interview Questions

• What step would you take to troubleshoot this or that.   Answer Question
    • What is the worst problem you have encountered on your past job.   Answer Question

Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difficult situation you faced while testing?   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I got a call from the HR and she asked me why do you want to work for REI, my background, BA exp type questions. Later, after a week, a phone interview was scheduled which lasted for like an hour.. two weeks from then a 1:1 was scheduled. Waiting for the final result. I don't know if they are going to call me for the next round.

Overall, the interview was fun because the entire process was in the form of an exercise.. I enjoyed interviewing for REI Systems... though it is not a piece of cake, you would definitely learn a lot out of this interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between inner joints and outer joints ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Easy Phone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

With over 15 years of experience building web applications, I was interviewed by a developer just out of college who was barely able to speak English. Further, he was unable to recognize a correct answer to a question about SQL (which I later confirmed to be correct).

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to craft a SQL statement that would return a specific result set. I had to ask him to repeat himself a number of times because of his inability to properly speak English.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

The recruiter was very unprofessional in handling the interview process.....advised me of how to carry, present and prepare myself which I felt is not her business and she did not get back and let me know the interview results.

They made me wait in the lobby for quite some time and no apology. The person who interviewed me did not seem to be interested in finding out how I would contribute to their team or organization. Just asked me a bunch of questions most of which were irrelevant to the position I was interviewing. The interview also ended very abruptly, the second person who was supposed to interview me had already left. What a weird experience....Certainly would not want to work with such people.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question - Guess the number I am thinking of which is between 1 and 100 by asking minimal Yes or No questions.   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

The initial phone screening was a very bad experience. The way interview was conducted was not professional and they were not ready to listen what I had to say. The questions were very random and after a while I was not sure if they were interviewing to hire for a position or just wanted to test where you break. Even before hearing their feedback, I made up my mind that I will not be accepting this position....afterall it's not only that a company wants talented people to be part of their team but one should enjoy working with the team too

Interview Questions

• How would you co-ordinate/clarify requirements with off shore dev/testing teams   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in February 2010.

Interview

The initial phone screening was a phone interview. I got their phone call after 5 hours of the scheduled time and no apology from the interviewer. After a week, they called me for face to face interview. It was supposed to be 2 hours, but they made it 3 hours. They kept me waiting in the lobby for 30 minutes. Three people interviewed one after another. There were lot of analytical questions like number guessing, pan balance questions and logical puzzles. The HR person did not get back and let me know the interview results. They pay less and expect more work from their employees. Most of the employees work till late nights and also in weekends.

Interview Questions

• I have 9 coins, out of which 8 coins are identical in weight and one is lighter in weight. Is it possible to find the light weight coin with only two weighings, using pan balance?   2 Answers