REI Systems Interview Questions in Herndon, VA | Glassdoor

REI Systems Interview Questions in Herndon, VA

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Tech screening. One onsite interview with 3 individual interviewers. One technical, one analytical and one behavioral. Typical interview session. I could never understand why some of the analytical questions are being asked when they relate to nothing the company does on a daily basis.

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interview. First interview was with a senior developer who asked everything about programming and database questions followed by some puzzles. The second interview was with an architect who asked general puzzle based questions. The final was with a resource manager who asked if I had to start a restaurant, what are the factors that i would take into consideration.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Hiring manager was too busy to receive (understandable). Made me wait for a long time. Two people showed up after a long time, interviewed and asked me to wait for the hiring manager. Again the gentleman doesn't show up. I wait until the receptionist suggest me that it is way past office time. Finally I leave around 8 PM on my commute back (Out of town 4 hours commute). No respect for a job applicant.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

REI sys is a growing company in the area. They seem to have a good process in place as far as recruitment is concerned. What I did not like was the amount of time they take between each communication. It feels like forever. It could be a result of a heavy volume of applications but from a candidate's perspective, it's a painful wait. Advice for REI is to somehow speed up the process. Advice for candidates is to just be patient and don't rule out anything just because they did not get back quickly.

Interview Questions

• If an employee in your team is lacking motivation, how would you address that?   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted by a staffing recruiter who was very pleasant through the whole process. The recruiter forwarded my resume to REISystems who was immediately interested and called the recruiter back to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well and they setup an in-person interview for the next week. The In-person interview only lasted about 30 mins which consisted of mostly scenario questions and there was very little feedback and an overall lack of enthusiasm on their part.. a few days later the recruiter said they didn't want to move forward.

Interview Questions

• What step would you take to troubleshoot this or that.   Answer Question
    • What is the worst problem you have encountered on your past job.   Answer Question

Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difficult situation you faced while testing?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 different people,with analytical,technical questions.the level of interview questions were good

Interview Questions

Negotiation

BAD.Program Manager was bargaining for 1000$

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I got a call from the HR and she asked me why do you want to work for REI, my background, BA exp type questions. Later, after a week, a phone interview was scheduled which lasted for like an hour.. two weeks from then a 1:1 was scheduled. Waiting for the final result. I don't know if they are going to call me for the next round.

Overall, the interview was fun because the entire process was in the form of an exercise.. I enjoyed interviewing for REI Systems... though it is not a piece of cake, you would definitely learn a lot out of this interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between inner joints and outer joints ?   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Very lengthy. It was 4 hours for me without any prior notification. It was clear sign for me that they don't take into account your personal time and value, but I didn't pay attention that time.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions not related to your experience, but rather showing how you think. At the same time all questions they ask can be easily found in internet. What is their own input then?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Really this site helped me a lot. I was just preparing ASP.Net. After seeing this site , I prepared some Analytical questions too. Yeah we can answer Analytical questions. But we need to have a look before interview. It helped me a lot. It has Technical, Analytical and personality too.

Interview Questions

• Analytical Questions. Algorithms. 10x 10x10 cube... Then Algorithms   Answer Question