REI Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

REI Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA).

Interview

Tech screening. One onsite interview with 3 individual interviewers. One technical, one analytical and one behavioral. Typical interview session. I could never understand why some of the analytical questions are being asked when they relate to nothing the company does on a daily basis.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for REI Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online through a recruiter. My first interview was over the phone with a developer. He asked standard technical questions that related to the position. Next, I went into their headquarters. I met with the entire team, one by one. They all asked similar questions, mostly technical. There was a lot of overlap between interviewers. After that they had me to a short, final interview with the project managers/contract holders. For this, they mostly asked about my resume plus some tech questions from the architect. Everyone was very nice and professional. They make sure you know your stuff but are forgiving somewhat.

Interview Questions

• Textbook .NET/Javascript (what are the different type of validators), write this SQL query, write out pseudo code for that recursive problem   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems.

Interview

Interview process was challenging. Some of the questions were easy and I mocked them a bit then they started asking the really hard questions. Actually got a few of them

Interview Questions

• Write a function to divide a number by two without using the division operator   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA).

Interview

Pretty Straightforward. Applied through a job listing site. Recruiter contacted me and set up the initial phone screen. Phone screen was completely technical and was 1 hour long. The in-person interview was conducted by 2 software engineers and lasted for 2 hours. The interview involved answering technical questions, writing code and answering a couple of puzzles. All interviewees were very courteous and knowledgeable except the manager who was a little full of himself.

Interview Questions

• Explain Prototypal inheritance in JavaScript?, what are closures?, What JavaScript design patterns are you familiar with?
      Explain CSS box model? Which HTML5 APIs have you used?   Answer Question

The offered base pay was way way below market value and what was agreed upon during the interview process. When I tried to negotiate they said I lacked certain technical skills that were required for the position. These skills were not asked for in the job listing or during the interview process. If I lacked the required skills, why hire me in the first place? I felt this was an underhanded attempt to acquire cheap labor and hence declined the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Smooth process throghouut with good communication from recruiter. Phone interview was not clear (voice) but the person was patient. Technical round and another round with analytical type questions. Overall positive. Could have been a faster process..

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First you will have to attend a telephonic interview. You will be asked technical questions which are fundamental C#.net questions. Then you will be asked to solve 2 puzzles. After technical round, you will be having an inperson interview.

Interview Questions

• There is a puzzle related to switches and bulbs. We need to identify which bulb corresponds to which switch.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Really this site helped me a lot. I was just preparing ASP.Net. After seeing this site , I prepared some Analytical questions too. Yeah we can answer Analytical questions. But we need to have a look before interview. It helped me a lot. It has Technical, Analytical and personality too.

Interview Questions

• Analytical Questions. Algorithms. 10x 10x10 cube... Then Algorithms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Easy Phone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

The company did a presentation at my school. I interviewed with them that afternoon. I had a technical interview first. Then I had a problem solving interview where we discussed both my project experience and some critical thinking problems. They were very friendly and very easy to talk with. When I got stuck with some of the problem solving questions the interviewer gave me some hints to help me discover a better answer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the ASP.Net Page Life Cycle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview initially and another phone interview testing my analytical skills in order to bring me for an onsite round. There were three rounds again at the onsite testing technical, analytical and a HR round

Interview Questions

• questions like asp.net page life cycle, and other basic .net questions.   Answer Question