REI Systems Interview Questions in Sterling, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 2, 2017

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. I was contacted by a recruiter followed by a phone interview. Then was called for in-person interview. The in-person interview consists of technical, analytical and behavioral rounds.

Interview Questions

• Core Java and J2EE interview questions, analytical and behavioral questuons.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA).

Interview

First phone interview and then face to face around 3 hours with different people. Lot of technical questions and asked to write code sample to test your coding skills. Followed by technical architect interview

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA).

Interview

Series of phone screenings with logic and general questions.
    Then an in-person interview with two project managers and the business unit director. Some tough questions were asked, and the logic questions weren't too bad - obviously it is good to get the correct answers, but reason through the questions out loud, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• How would I plan out an employee's time, taking into consideration vacations, multiple task orders, and the budget ceilings.   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone with Hiring Manager, Aptitude Screening, then Onsite. Onsite: 1st round is with engineers, then hiring manager who will extend the offer. Very messy from here, confusion over whether offer was actually extended or not, make sure to walk out with a definite answer.

Interview Questions

• Background and SQL design whiteboard. What are promises? What are components of MVC?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was contacted by a recruiter after a week for a phone interview. After a week, a recruiter contacted me by email and asked me what was the best time for him to call. I responded to his question. The following week, he called and left a message. I called him back and left a message. Finally, after a few missed calls, the recruiter scheduled a phone interview with the Senior Project Coordinator. It was a pleasant experience, but I was not called for a face to face interview.

Business Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA).

Interview

Initial Phone Screen with Lengthy In-Person Interview after passing the phone screen. The more people that interview you, the better your chances of being hired. REI tries to interview/hire in a very swift manner.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation where you did not get along with someone at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone interview last about 40 minutes with basic types of questions. The interviewer was Indian and I had to ask for the questions to be repeated a couple of times and/or just took a guess at what I thought was being asked. I was immediately contacted later that day to schedule a face-to-face. I was informed the face-to-face will consists of (3) separate interviews; technical, behavior and interview with actual manager?

The building is 'dated' with no appeal. The technical interview was with a person they deemed as being very technical and lasted about 1.15 minutes. There was communication barrier where English was not interviewers first language. The interviewer stated a couple of times that my responses where not in relation to her question. Therefore, I adopted the approach of repeating her questions back to her before answering. I could tell this was annoying her but how else was I suppose to make sure I was responding accordingly.

I had to wait for 30 minutes before the next interviewer arrived for the behavior questions. Just plain stupid ... I was seriously considering walking out at this point. Again, another Indian, but at least I could understand this individual. I did not have an opportunity to meet with Manager. I was told by recruiter that he would call and reschedule and/or step-up phone interview.

The recruiter contacted me the next day to advise that the technical INTERVIEWER did not feel they should move forward. She felt I was lacking appropriate skills. I started laughing.... this really caught him off guard. Anyway, I have accepted a position with another company and could not be happier.

REI Systems needs to be concentrate on its hiring practices with emphasis towards a DIVERSITY!

Interview Questions

• - What types of tables would a retailer such Overstock.com have?
      - What is a business, functional or non-functional requirement?
      - What is basic syntax for query against Oracle database
      - How do you conduct a business requirements session.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA).

Interview

Pretty Straightforward. Applied through a job listing site. Recruiter contacted me and set up the initial phone screen. Phone screen was completely technical and was 1 hour long. The in-person interview was conducted by 2 software engineers and lasted for 2 hours. The interview involved answering technical questions, writing code and answering a couple of puzzles. All interviewees were very courteous and knowledgeable except the manager who was a little full of himself.

Interview Questions

• Explain Prototypal inheritance in JavaScript?, what are closures?, What JavaScript design patterns are you familiar with?
      Explain CSS box model? Which HTML5 APIs have you used?   Answer Question

The offered base pay was way way below market value and what was agreed upon during the interview process. When I tried to negotiate they said I lacked certain technical skills that were required for the position. These skills were not asked for in the job listing or during the interview process. If I lacked the required skills, why hire me in the first place? I felt this was an underhanded attempt to acquire cheap labor and hence declined the offer.

IT Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Decent interview but I was not prepared for the logic test and it was a little nerve wracking answering those types of questions on the spot. I went through 2 phone interviews which were great and then I had one in person interview and I met with two people. I was told that one of the managers of the coordination department was unavailable to meet me but that a phone call would be arranged
    For the next day. They never called and I received an email a few days later saying that I did not get the job.

Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had phone interviews with several leaders, human resources and recruiting. I enjoyed discussing the options and possibilities with all involved. It did feel a little disjointed as if there was no coordination on REIs end.

Negotiation

there really was not one.