RELX Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2018

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RELX Group in February 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview, Since I had fair bit of experience in the technology I have applied for, I was directly contacted for a phone interview and there were 2 rounds of behavioral+technical interview.

Commercial Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RELX Group (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial: HR Phone Interview followed by manager phone interview. I was then flown in to the office for an interview where I proceeded to have "chats" with a total of 11 people from ad ops, editors, and innovation. I didn't hear anything for more than 6 weeks, when I was finally offered the job.

Interview Questions

• To provide an on-the-fly verbal competitive SWAT analysis between this company and what I perceive to be the closest 3 competitors in the space.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation - I came in at the top of the salary range (which was confirmed during my employment).

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at RELX Group.

Interview

I temped to hire.....no interview
    Went in via Manpower agency, was hired on 6 months later.
    My first boss there became my mentor for 12 years after that.
    This tool tells me to write more, so now I'm just typing nonsense....

Interview Questions

• Do you know about audio-visual?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RELX Group (Jersey City, NJ) in December 2010.

Interview

Was simple and easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RELX Group (Dayton, OH) in January 2013.

Interview

first i had phone interview, then i had an on-site interview. they show you around the campus and the date center. very friendly HR and hiring manager. huge dayton campus.

Chief Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RELX Group (Dayton, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

They found me and reached out via retained search / recruiter who made live contact. They screened me on the phone (one person) and decided to fly me to Dayton, OH for a full day of 1:1 interviews -- nine-in-a-row with a break for lunch (still an interview). Each person asked very good questions that probed my skills and revealed something about the company. They also left ample time for my questions and answered them fully. Well done.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a greenfield to address our current state content systems, what steps would you take and what would the end state look like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their first offer was WAY above my expectations! I jumped at it.

Website Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RELX Group in April 2008.

Interview

HR said they'd been hoping I would apply for the position and scheduled a series of extremely positive interviews with a VP, several Directors, some operations people and an outside consultant. But in the end they decided to "move in a different direction" and hired someone without a JD.

Interview Questions

• What is your personal vision on how an online community should be built?   Answer Question

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RELX Group (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

First, several questions and answers were exchange by email. These were followed by many phone interviews, mostly with recruiting staff, including he option of a web conference or video conference interview, before finally there was one in-person interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Reed Elsevier Group   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Straight Forward. You do a LOT of interviewing before actually being offered the position. They also force you go through a battery of aptitude test, which I don't believe determines how well an employee will perform on the job, but there it is. The good thing is that anyone with at least a high school education should find no problem with the process or exam.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a position in the Accuity unit of the RELX Group.

The whole process involved a phone call with HR, an in person interview with the hiring manager and then an in person interview with his manager

Bottom line is they strung me along through 4 stages with each one leaving me with the distinct impression that it was the best interview out of the bunch.

However, I got the "sorry, but we're moving on w/o you" email.

Kind of odd that the final interview appeared to have gone the best..was the dude being sadistic?

Or, after processing it all, was it a classic case of NJA..

I'm happy to say that despite the sadistic impression this company's process left me with, I was able to gain something from it myself as I nailed my very next set of interviews and have moved on to a new position.

Think carefully about working in the Accuity NYC office as it seemed like a really boring place..kind of like a "dead zone"..the office had zero energy and was filled with half empty rooms/desks.

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume..hard for me to answer this question as they asked me back 3 times w/o offering me the job.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RELX Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2010.

Interview

Lots of questions about the current state of academic reference products.