RELX Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RELX Group (Evanston, IL).

Interview

Initial phone call, skype conference with several QA leads , face to face invitation. There was 6 people in the face to face interview at the same time. That was odd and hard to keep up.

Interview Questions

• Some java questions regarding removing duplicates, and some more sql join table questions   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RELX Group (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly straight forward, questions were related to profile and around work completed in current profile. HR team was helpful but I felt that they could have done more on benefits side. Seems a good company to work for, though the interview process took some time to close.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RELX Group in February 2017.

Interview

I got a phone interview, Since I had fair bit of experience in the technology I have applied for, I was directly contacted for a phone interview and there were 2 rounds of behavioral+technical interview.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RELX Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially I was scheduled for an interview in st.louis interview was done by 3 members at a time, all the questions were technical related to my previous experience and my role, I was given to complete a skills test.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions at all, all the questions were technical   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

I interviewed for a position in the Accuity unit of the RELX Group.

The whole process involved a phone call with HR, an in person interview with the hiring manager and then an in person interview with his manager

Bottom line is they strung me along through 4 stages with each one leaving me with the distinct impression that it was the best interview out of the bunch.

However, I got the "sorry, but we're moving on w/o you" email.

Kind of odd that the final interview appeared to have gone the best..was the dude being sadistic?

Or, after processing it all, was it a classic case of NJA..

I'm happy to say that despite the sadistic impression this company's process left me with, I was able to gain something from it myself as I nailed my very next set of interviews and have moved on to a new position.

Think carefully about working in the Accuity NYC office as it seemed like a really boring place..kind of like a "dead zone"..the office had zero energy and was filled with half empty rooms/desks.

Interview Questions

• Went over my resume..hard for me to answer this question as they asked me back 3 times w/o offering me the job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at RELX Group.

Interview

I temped to hire.....no interview
    Went in via Manpower agency, was hired on 6 months later.
    My first boss there became my mentor for 12 years after that.
    This tool tells me to write more, so now I'm just typing nonsense....

Interview Questions

• Do you know about audio-visual?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RELX Group (Saint Louis, MI).

Interview

five separate face to face interviews. Nothing unexpected. Each interviewer asked the same basic questions. Did not think it was a very good process. Panel interview would have been better.

Interview Questions

• What in in the trunk of your car   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Straight Forward. You do a LOT of interviewing before actually being offered the position. They also force you go through a battery of aptitude test, which I don't believe determines how well an employee will perform on the job, but there it is. The good thing is that anyone with at least a high school education should find no problem with the process or exam.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RELX Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call from a recruiter who viewed my resume from an online job site. Explained the job position in more detail and set up a face to face interview with the hiring manager.

Face to face interview was easy, although the employees seemed a little cold. After the interview I reached out to the recruiter, after my third attempt, received an email stating he did not receive any feedback from the hiring manager, but will reach out for details. Never heard from the recruiter again.

Interview Questions

• Talked about prior experiences and reason I was interested in the position.   Answer Question

Director, IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RELX Group.

Interview

Was asked to prepare a detailed, challenging and comprehensive presentation (based on assumptions about the company without any info provided) to showcase my knowledge and experience as well as presentation ability, relationship building skills, managing from the center. Multiple screenings in person and via phone.

Interview Questions

• Name as many benefits as possible that a corporate worker can provide to the business units. With each answer, I was prompted for another value-add.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.