RELX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at RELX

2.8

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RELX (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Took about a month. First I received an email from a recruiter about my resume I had sent. Two weeks later I had a phone interview with HR and then the department director and a week after that I interviewed with 5 more people, in person. They were all very friendly and it was a great experience. The offices were nice and everyone seemed happy to be there. I got an offer a week later.

*make sure you research the company before your interview.

Content Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RELX (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Applied online, significantly overqualified for the position but I assumed there might be opportunities for growth. The interview itself was simple and straightforward-- until they offered me the job on the spot but then never followed up afterwards? Definitely a bizarre experience, this office at least seems a bit disorganized/out of it. I wouldn't have wanted the job given the lacking professionalism-- not that I ever saw a real offer from HR! Two months later, the position is still listed on their website as unfilled and my application is "Under review."

Interview Questions

• Who was your favorite supervisor and who was your least favorite?   Answer Question

Director, IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RELX.

Interview

Was asked to prepare a detailed, challenging and comprehensive presentation (based on assumptions about the company without any info provided) to showcase my knowledge and experience as well as presentation ability, relationship building skills, managing from the center. Multiple screenings in person and via phone.

Interview Questions

• Name as many benefits as possible that a corporate worker can provide to the business units. With each answer, I was prompted for another value-add.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Publisher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at RELX (Burlington, MA) in August 2007.

Interview

The process went fairly smoothly, I had lunch with the hiring manager and then dinner the next day with the VP of the division. Apparently the position was posted, then removed and then posted again at a later date.
    By the time the position was reposted, I was no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• Here's our frontlist and backlist books, can you put together a written strategic plan for our next meeting?   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RELX (Maryland Heights, MO) in September 2009.

Interview

Short phone interview with manager and one employee.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RELX (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly straight forward, questions were related to profile and around work completed in current profile. HR team was helpful but I felt that they could have done more on benefits side. Seems a good company to work for, though the interview process took some time to close.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RELX.

Interview

The HR who interviewed me was very friendly and professional. First was the interview in English, then an exam. The last step is the Japanese interview. He was very polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• The second interview was with the Japanese manager. He asked me to read an article in Japanese. He was very polite and professional.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RELX in September 2009.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the telephone over one hour. I was in US and interviewer was in UK. I was asked a series of questions and provided examples. It was really straight-forward. Most of the executive level positions are promotions from within, and I had recently left a similar position with Elsevier. Endorsements from current high-level employees go a long way but the main things that they look for are innovative initiatives and a person's willingness to relocate throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel this is the right title for the position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RELX.

Interview

A couple interviews. Nothing special.

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate. Contract job.

E-Sales Support Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RELX in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter by this position. I expressed interest, and was interviewed by 3 separate people at separate times. They were all very nice, and welcoming. After joining the team was friendly and the manager was friendly. Consider yourself blessed if you get in. They have a kitchen with unlimited coffee, tea, 2 microwaves, fridge, and a water station. Nice place to sit and have lunch. Plus really good perks. It's a nice corporate company to work for. The location is great, and very convenient for commute and various eateries.