REM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Park Forest, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REM (Park Forest, IL).

Interview

The process was simple,fill out W2 forms an application and talk with the owner for 15 minutes.they described responsibilities and reprocussions if jobs were not completed,possibly dicipline can be issued resulting in suspension and or termation.

Interview Questions

• How much knowledge of Alcohol do you have   1 Answer

Negotiation

None,took what was offered

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at REM (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Online application process, followed by an initial phone screening if found to be a fit. Upon completion of the phone screening a questionnaire is emailed for further assessment. Items pertaining to personality, skills, interest etc. Typically a 2 day turnaround and a formal interview is setup with HR and the respective programs supervisor and/or manager. You will fill out a form to reconcile funds and practice documenting progress notes. Reference checks are completed then follow up within 2 days on a decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what interests you about the position?

Can you tell me about a skill you have taught someone and the steps you toom to teach them?

Can you tell me about a conflict you've had with a supervisor or co-worker and how you handled that?

What does it mean to lead a team?

If you observe an employee not contributing to the work how would you handle that?

Where do you see yourself professionally in 5 years?

How would you communicate with an individual that had difficulty with verbal communication?
      Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at REM (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was confusing. There are recruiters for different divisions, and they don't communicate with each other. I applied for multiple positions, and was contacted by multiple recruiters and asked to complete the same tasks. That was confusing for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a significant accomplishment I had made at my last position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at REM (Austin, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

The first thing I did when getting to the interview was fill out pre screening application, then a self interview with the Coordinator. I was very nervous going into this interview, but ironically when i got here she was just as nervous as me! She wslas very embarrassed because she wasn't organized so it made me feel a lot better. The interviewer was very nice and easy going. Made me feel a lot more confident . Just be yourself and you'll do GREAT! She offered me a position on the spot for $10.35 per hour.

Interview Questions

• " If we were to contact a past employer what would they say are 3 strengths you have? What are 3 weaknesses? "

" If you seen a resident who was angry or upset how would you handle it ?"
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at REM (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

Very easy going. It was okay I didn't have a long wait they were very nice and helpful there are many houses to choose from so that is helpful

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you worked with a team.   1 Answer

Direct Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minot, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at REM (Minot, ND) in March 2015.

Interview

About a 10 min. phone interview then was told I'd get a call in the next few days if they were interested. Got called later that day for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a decision at work that you later regretted.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Abrams, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at REM (Abrams, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

interview with in a day and lasted 20 mins. They asked if I have done work like this and have been doing for 8yrs. Theposition was offered on the spot to me and I excepted

Interview Questions

• if I ever worked with mentally disabled? yes   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hiawatha, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at REM (Hiawatha, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

They would hire anybody willing to accept the job.
    They are desperate to hire people because nobody with comment sense would work for them. The interview was more about convincing me to work for them. The only reason I accepted was because as a student he helped me to do my homeworks.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work with people with disabilities?   1 Answer

DSP Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at REM.

Interview

Watch a video, and do some practice documentation, and a face to face interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at REM (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

pleasant experitnce

Interview Questions

• allow front seat passenger.. I will NOT allow passengers in my front seat
      dangerous experience with former client grabbing steering wheel in moving traffic screaming
      1 Answer