RFMD Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RFMD Interview Questions

2.7

RF Engineer Interview

Interview

So I emailed my resume to the recruiter. Then I received an email the next day to set up a phone inter view. Then I had the phone screening interview the following week. They asked me questions from my resume and the projects I had worked on

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with manager of characterization at a career fair and was invited to come see the company's campus and interview with them. It was a full day interview starting with HR and then being sent to the characterization/testing building to interview with a number of their engineers and technicians. First interview with an engineer was very technical, discussed filter designs and digital circuitry. Second interview was about software experience and a quick run through of the specifics of the job. Rest of the interviews were a mix of technical and personality questions as I was briefed on the day to day expectations and what not.

Interview Questions

• Analog filter design, digital circuit design, software algorithms, database experiences, etc.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RFMD.

Interview

Phone screen & Interview followed by an in-person interview.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RFMD (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed for a summer intern position specialized for circuit design The interview was only one round. There were five people in the interview committee. Each of them asked me one question in average. The interview last for half an hour or so.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RFMD.

Interview

I had 2 short phone interviews. Questions were mostly on PA biasing, matching and comparing different classes of PAs. The onsite interview was about 3.5 hours with 6 people. The first interview was with the hiring design manager and it lasted a little over an hour and was almost all technical. There more questions about PA's and a few on the smith chart. The other 5 were not very technical and were mostly generic HR type questions such as describe your strengths/weakness, why are looking for a job, etc.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all fairly straight forward. They didn't ask anything to trick me. Of the companies I have interviewed with this was the easiest one.   Answer Question

RF Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RFMD.

Interview

HR- call
    onsite interview with 6 members
    Some basic questions on Rf smith chart,Interview is very friendly

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Communication started through emails then I had multiple phone conversations with different people. After confirmation that my experience matched their needs I was requested to have an interview at the company.
    It was a full day interview: I had first a group meeting where I was requested to give a general presentation; then I had individual conversation with at least 7 different people.
    I have got an offer after 2 or 3 days.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question was asked, it has been a good conversation   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted with two individuals on a speaker phone. The manager started off by providing a company overview which was very beneficial. There were plenty of questions asked. There are two product segments dealing with Wireless.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a product that did not meet functional specification?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

pretty laid back, long tiring process

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RFMD (Broomfield, CO) in April 2011.

Interview

Was told that bonus was near guaranteed. Have not received one yet. Interview process was ok.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. Salary was less than my previous job and company would not match it.